Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i buy shackle bolts locally?

bought a brand new set of shackles and installed them last night, of course the 4th and final grease-able bolt i went to "grease", the grease zerk broke off. I'm not really expecting Quadratec to do anything about it...has anyone ever bought a grease-able shackle bolt locally like from Fastenal or someplace? They look to be grade 8, 1/2" maybe, not sure on the length either, anyone have the exact measurements? :punk:

·
Registered
98 Posts
kfdjason7620 said:
Yeah they jst screw in, you may need and "easy out" to get it out
Depends on how close it broke. Can probably get a wrench (recommended) or vice grips on it. Just don't crush it if you try vice grips.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Some of the more inexpensive greasable bolts are press in. But if you can get it out just drill, tap and install a threaded zerk. Might want to buy enough to do them all. Sooner or later.

cb

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
I picked up my grade 8 bolts from TSC (tractor supply company) with washers and lock nuts... I took one with me to match length. The stock were fine threaded and the ones I purchased were corse threaded. Just meant I had to get nuts for them as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts