Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how tech this is, but I have a glove box that closes fine but when I open it it just falls to the floor and dangles from the cord if I don't hold it in place.

The 3 hinges looks like they were perfectly glued back on but since I don't have another jeep to compare to I don't know.

Can anyone tell me if I can fix this before I buy a whole new glove box.
Here is what it looks like.

Thanks.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
There is supposed to be a short nylon strap on the right side of the door that stops it from opening too far. It fits into that little slot molded into the inside edge of the door.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
That strap looks long enough to be the problem, my strap is shorter so it doesn't let mine open nearly that far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That strap looks long enough to be the problem, my strap is shorter so it doesn't let mine open nearly that far.
Thank you, I just fixed it.
When I bought the jeep, the strap which from what I've seen is OEM, was only attached to the box and not the Jeep. So I attached it to a spot where there was a missing screw.
You just made me realize I probably put it in the wrong spot, I did. I just moved it and it's fine.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts