Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1990 Vette (fix up pretty good, pushing roughly 350-400 HP) will FLY (has approx. 113k miles) and I also have a 1993 Wrangler with a 2.5" shackle lift a and a 3" body lift with 33" tires and the inside completely Herculined.

Now my question is does anyone here think I would be able to possibly be able to sell/trade both for a nice newer lifted Wrangler? Preferably a soft top 4 door, but not NECESSITY?

Any help on what I should do to help my cause here would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so what if i were to ask for a lifted at least semi-trail ready soft top newer what would I be looking at? I'm just wondering what to look for when/If I do decide to go through with this.

·
Vendor
5,533 Posts
I've never completely understood the idea of trading. Seems like you are limiting your choices to just the few people who have exactly what you're looking for, and want exactly what you have. The more complicated the trade (my two cars for your one car) the LESS likely you are to ever find a person to trade with.

I think you would maximize your money by selling the stuff you have, and buying what you want.

Plus, that way it's WAY easier to compare values and prices.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Try racingjunk.com post your vehicles up for sale/trade and explain what you want and people will offer you tons of trades /money offers

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I have to agree a very tough trade with multiple vehicles further complicated by two very niche markets. The Vette is probably in the $6 to $8k ranges and who knows on a YJ. It's pretty muck either you love them or not. I drove a lot of YJ's and TJ's that had been destroyed with various lifts and big tires that I couldn't keep in a lane trying to drive down the street.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I really appreciate all the input and I will check that site out and the YJ is great I love it, have no problems with lane control at all in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts