Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have an 08 wrangler x. i have two subs in a box, with an 1100 watt amp. I want to wire it into the factory system...i need some instructions..pictures are helpful too!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I believe its called a line level converter. It taps into your rear speaker wires and converts them into rca cables that plug into the amp. Check out Crutchfield they will have them

·
Registered
95 Posts
Check out PAC or a local Radio Shack. they are usually about 20 bucks and they should be connected behind the radio so when the times comes for a real radio you already have the RCAs run...

WOW sorry this was years ago hope all went well....:facepalm:

·
Registered
681 Posts
You will need a two-channel line output converter. They can be purchased at your local best buy or car audio shop, cheap ones can be had for $15-20. You will need to remove the factory radio and tie the Line output converter to the rear speaker leads. Speaker wires behind the radio should be as follows:

Left rear + grey/light green connect to LOC's White wire
Left rear - grey/dark green connect to LOC's White/Black wire
Right rear + dark green/light green connect to LOC's Grey wire
Right rear - dark green/grey connect to LOC's Grey/Black wire

You don't need to cut the factory speaker wires, just strip back the insulation with a razor blade and wrap the LOC's wires around the speaker wires. Solder and tape the connections and plug the aftermarket amp's RCAs into the LOC. If the LOC has six wires, the other two wires (probably brown) will not be used.

Edit...
Apparently I don't read dates of posts either...

·
Registered
25 Posts
yes, i agree with you , You will need a two-channel line output converter. They can be purchased at your local best buy or car audio shop, good ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts