Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
From the looks of your avatar you should (just kidding). people do, but be careful of blasting the distributor and electricals.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I usually saran wrap my generator, fuse box, air box inlet and PCM. I have a coil pack instead of a distributor but I usually keep the high pressure away from that. Then blast away.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I usually get it a little wet then spray Simple Green. I let it set for a few minutes then blast if off. Just don't let the Simple Green dry on. They also make some special engine cleaners you can buy at your local auto parts store. I think Gunk has something called Engine Brite that we used to use at the dealership I worked at. Don't get to close to any hoses or electrical connections with a concentrated water blast. You can push water into them and then corrosion. I usually stand back a little ways but not so far that it doesn't clean away the crap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
When I worked at a dealership we would spray it all down with simple green and then wash it off and it seemed to work pretty well so you might give that a try!

Edit: Sorry for the echo lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dood!!!
By the look at your avatar you should have no fear of blasting a little clean water on your Jeep's engine...LOL

·
Registered
203 Posts
i used foaming engine brite, and regular engine brite and power washed years of oil and dirt off in 20 min. Then picked up my stihl backpack blower and help her dry off :D

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
I've never had any problems, I do it after every muddy trail run when I wash the rest of the jeep, just don't hold the high pressure wand to close, try to stay about 3ft from the engine.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
ESP123: LOL...now THAT was funny! There are some seriously stupid people out there. Thank you for the belly laugh.
That's what I'm here for brother and to accept donations towards my new BFG T/A KM2s. :D

·
Registered
443 Posts
I clean mine with no problem I just let it sit after for a couple hours so everything drys so i don't short anything out..just to be on the safe side!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts