Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need y'all's opinion. I have a 2010 Sahara unlimited 4dr hard top, it came with BF Goodrich AT's that are basically brand new. I just ordered 5 AEV pintler black wheels, can I put a 3 in suspension lift on there with out it looking bad? Lift I want is a tereflex, let me know what you all think.

·
Registered
642 Posts
U can. A friend has a 3" lift with stock rubi tires. I think it looks a little funny personally. Besides gaining a little more articulation, I don't see the need personally imo. I'd just put on what u need to have the clearance for ur tires and call it a day.

Maybe just the 19/59 springs and say a teraflex leveling kit. Will lift u some and will give u plenty of clearance for the 32's. With a 3" lift u could go 35's. But then that's a whole new ball game. The money u save from buying a 3" lift could go into other parts like a winch or bumpers or skid plates etc....

Sorry it's a little longwinded of an answer. Just my thoughts and good luck!

Bryce

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I don't think it will look bad. I want to get a tereflex kit with the shocks. I really wanted to buy 33's duratracs but like I said those tires are practically new.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hey if u like the look of it go for it!

U could also sell the tires if they are most new and buy a set of 33's. I am running 33x12.5x17 mickey Thompson mtz on stock rubi rims with a leveling kit and 1.5" spacers. No issues.

So many options!!! Lol

Good luck and post a pic up in here when u get it done.

Bryce :)

·
Registered
34,592 Posts
It is your do what you like to it. You can always get bigger tires latter.

·
Registered
186 Posts
3" lift and higher you are getting into the realm of having drive shaft issues down the line. It could last a while or it could possibly not. I would look into some of the 2.5" kits if I were you.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
The TeraFlex leveling kit would look great and you get 2" in the front and 1" in the back. There is also no issues with the driveshafts, brake lines, etc.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Did you put the 35s on the stock rubicon wheels?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Can you post pics of it with the 35' tires? I am thinking of doing that set up. Thanks!
I think he might have some rubbing issues with 35-foot tires

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Moabite said:
I think he might have some rubbing issues with 35-foot tires
Probably just slight rubbing when trying to move

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I have a Mopar/TF lift and 34s. I personally don't like mine- want 35s but need a re-gear first. X2 on a 2.5" lift. The 3" is great for rock-crawling- & flex but if you're not planning on doing anythink like that a 2.5" is a great compromise. And your tires will look better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts