Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '97 4 cylinder with 4.11 gears on a d35 (I believe). I am currently running 31's and would like to know I down the road I can lift and put 33's on. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I've got a '97 4 cylinder with 4.11 gears on a d35 (I believe). I am currently running 31's and would like to know I down the road I can lift and put 33's on. Thanks!
yup, down the road you can lift your Jeep and put 33's on it. you'll need some other mods, depending on how high you go, and you'll need to regear, but yes you can lift it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes! 4.11's would be ok. I'm running 33's and 3.07's! It goes...eventually. A 2.5" suspension lift and a 1" body lift and good to go (that's what I did). Do you know what backspacing your current rims are? That might have to change.... Of course, your paltry Dana 35 will eventually implode, creating a singularity that "vill conzume zee planet", but don't sweat that till it happens......

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know what kind of backspacing I have on it. I've had the jeep for about a month and it came with wheels that have no manufacturer label anywhere. Perhaps if I channeled the singularity through a flux-capacitor I could create the first time traveling jeep?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I run a 4 popper too and the 33's will be ok it will make hills on the highway a challenge till you regear. If you're not in a big hurry to get somewhere it'll be fine. I run Pro Comp 32X11.50.15's and no lift, but I have wheels with 3.5 backspaceing.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
I don't know what kind of backspacing I have on it. I've had the jeep for about a month and it came with wheels that have no manufacturer label anywhere. Perhaps if I channeled the singularity through a flux-capacitor I could create the first time traveling jeep?
Or.......... you could measure one.... just sayin' ;) And really a D35 is fine with 33's..... no need to worry about that. Keep in mind your 4 banger isn't gonna like the extra weight much, but as long as you're ok with the snails pace, you'll be fine once you gain enough clearance for them...

·
Registered
172 Posts
I run 33s with 3.07 on my 4.0 litre and I do just fine. I've wheeled pretty hard to. I trust my d35 at the moment. If it were gonna blow it would have done it by now.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The D35 can handle 1 million jiggawatts!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts