Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question from a newbie

Hi there! I'm considering buying a 2000 Wrangler sport, soft top, that has the half doors with plastic zip in windows. Since I've never owned a Jeep and am still learning about them, I'm wondering if it's possible to switch out the half doors for full doors with roll-up glass windows. Is it just as simple as buying a set of full doors on ebay, having them painted to match, and installing them? And if so, does this door change affect the way the soft top fits, or would I need to get a new top as well? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
As long as it is a TJ 97-06 full door, it will fit fine. Same door surrounds for both.
I swap my full doors for half door every spring and back in the winter.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Finding full doors is not easy. They are expensive going for 800-100 plush you likely will have to get painted (and possibly paint the interior) so add another couple hundred. They are very heavy so shipping will be very expensive so you need to find local. The bottom line, if full door are what you really want, find a jeep with them it is much easier to add half doors.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have had both half doors and full doors. Half doors on my tj and full on my dads jk and I have used my friends tj full doors with the roll up windows. In my opinion half doors are better. I love the zipper windows and I don't like the roll up windows on the full doors, the half doors keep heat in just fine (maybe not as much as full doors but fine enough for me), and they are more versatile as they give you the quick option of removing the tops of the half doors very easily and sticking those in the back or removing the whole half door itself. Full doors are really heavy, expensive, and U can't take them off and stick them in the back of the jeep for just in case scenarios. However I guess if you want quiet full doors are the way to go. But I hope your not going for quiet if you bought a tj. I guess what I'm trying to say is, the full doors aren't worth the money. Spend your money on other things (mods). But this is just all my opinion and its your money. Your choice. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts