Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me what the best lift kit brand is and I want to put a three inch lift kit on my 2003 wrangler if I go 3 inches do I need to change any thing. Thank you for helping me out

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Congrats--you posted in the right place for a TJ question. (some people don't get that far) Not sure how familiar you are with Forums----there is a "sticky" in the TJ section, that talks about lifts. When you say the "best" that is like a loaded question--best for what?

The nice thing about Jeeps is you have SOOOOO many options.

I put on the OME lift as it will give you "about 2.5 to 3 inches" and is a complete kit, and rides better than "factory" on the TJs. Been running it for about a year now no complaints.

I COULD go ahead and add 33's but want to wait till I can do SYE and 1.25" body lift with TT. That way everything will work together.

But the OME it is not the only way to get 3 inches of lift. could go body lift and some small pucks, or could go to a long arm kit but think those are all 4" or better.

Need to first determine why/how much lift you need and want.

Than figure out which way will be the best for your type of driving and your budget.

Good Luck and welcome to WF.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congrats--you posted in the right place for a TJ question. (some people don't get that far) Not sure how familiar you are with Forums----there is a "sticky" in the TJ section, that talks about lifts. When you say the "best" that is like a loaded question--best for what?

Good Luck and welcome to WF.

This. Do a search, whether it be on the forums or google.

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Can someone tell me what the best lift kit brand is and I want to put a three inch lift kit on my 2003 wrangler if I go 3 inches do I need to change any thing. Thank you for helping me out
the Currie/Savvy 3" lift kit with Savvy's special Fox racing shocks is probably the best 3in "lift kit" right now. Yes, you'll need to change a lot of stuff to make that happen.

Also keep in mind no kit is 100% complete, and you'll need to address many items that may not be addressed in a so called "kit". The kit is just a pile of components, so you might as well piece your own "kit" together with superior components anyway. Example: AEV, OME or Currie/Savvy springs; Currie track bars; Currie, Savvy or Rokmen control arms; Rancho RS9000XL, Savvy/Fox, or OME shocks, Advance Adapters or JB conversions Slip Yoke Eliminator, Tom Wood's driveshaft, Vanco brakes, Savvy/Currie steering, etc...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking about just a 3 inch spacer lift and hate to say money's hard to come by so I'm looking for my cheapest option so if I put a 3 inch spacer lift on would I absolutely have to change any thing

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I'm thinking about just a 3 inch spacer lift and hate to say money's hard to come by so I'm looking for my cheapest option so if I put a 3 inch spacer lift on would I absolutely have to change any thing
if you're just going to cheap out and get a Budget Boost (spacer lift), don't go over 2".

and yes, you'll still have to change some things.

if you do not want to have to change anything, then keep it exactly the way it is.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

You will spend more in the long run if you do it half ass.
Do you want a 3inch lift or a 2inch BB ?

I would recomend a budget boost 2" lift check out 4wd.com They had free shipping going on now or try and contact one of our awsome vendors on the forum, Zone offroad seems like a decent kit and they will hook you up with everything you need to get going! :thumb: Good luck with your choice:rolleyes:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do you want shocks too? Or just the spacers?
If you just want the spacers It really does not matter because they are all the same pretty much, ZONE Offroad, Rubicon Express, Skyjacker, Teraflex, Daystar. All are brands I would buy :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts