Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have no idea but since it has some type of plug attached I wonder if it is some type of pressure transducer. If that is indeed an electrical connection to it and it is hard to tell from the pic you would be able to run it down on the schematic. I am in the process of running down some stuff on my jeep as well and it can be frustrating at times. Good luck.

·
Registered
732 Posts
When you turn the jeep while the engine is at idle rpm it will step up the rpm to help keep pressure in the steering system..

some where wired for it and the connector is just tied up and some new lines dont have a fitting for it... not a big deal either way.

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Agreed. It bumps the idle up so the power steering pump doesn't stall the engine at idle while turning the steering wheel a lot. Like when in a tight offroad situation or three point turn. Its only on the 4 cylinders

·
Registered
13,770 Posts
As the power of the 4 banger is marginal on the four cylinder only there is a pressure switch on the ps line to let the PCM know the pump is working to turn the wheels and the pcm bumps up the engine idle setting/rpm via the IAC

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts