Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed this dent on my new jk, and I also have noticed that people often have them flat black...is this an easily replaced piece or do people just paint them? Thanks in advance folks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
That's the cowl. It got dented by the mirror striking it when someone removed the door.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
It's the dent often created when taking off or putting on the doors. Before the door retaining strap is hooked up the door can swing all the way open, allowing the mirror to hit there. They make cowl armor to hide that dent. Or you can have a body shop pull it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the dent often created when taking off or putting on the doors. Before the door retaining strap is hooked up the door can swing all the way open, allowing the mirror to hit there. They make cowl armor to hide that dent. Or you can have a body shop pull it.
I just saw that armor, would that cover the dent? Is it solid or is it like a film covering?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I just saw that armor, would that cover the dent? Is it solid or is it like a film covering?
The covers are an actual solid piece that goes over it. It is not a film. One company makes it out of plastic. Another company makes one out of diamond plate.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
See, that's difference between car owners and Jeep owners.

Car owner finds dent: "Crap, I'm going to HAVE to spend money and buy parts."

Jeep owner finds dent: "Cool, I'm going to GET to spend money and buy parts!"

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts