Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Getting ready for some big adventures/camping trips this summer and looking to get a gps, but id also like something I can watch shows on, or listen to music on without having to run the Jeep. I work at a cell phone store and we have all sorts of different sized tablets etc. that would work perfectly, only catch is there is no real convenient place to put it in the Jeep. I dont really like the windshield attachments (suction cup things) cause the windshield isnt very big to begin with and they block a fair chunk of it. Anyway, i want to install one of the tablets in the dash, preferably under the lip on the very top. I'm fairly confident i can build some sort of sliding housing contraption to hold the tablet, and hopefully even be able to close the dash with it inside, but first i need to get it off! Has anyone else taken this piece off, and if so, how?

The part circled in red is what I'm trying to get off/open, i didnt have an interior pic of my jeep on me, so went to google

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey guys!

Getting ready for some big adventures/camping trips this summer and looking to get a gps, but id also like something I can watch shows on, or listen to music on without having to run the Jeep. I work at a cell phone store and we have all sorts of different sized tablets etc. that would work perfectly, only catch is there is no real convenient place to put it in the Jeep. I dont really like the windshield attachments (suction cup things) cause the windshield isnt very big to begin with and they block a fair chunk of it. Anyway, i want to install one of the tablets in the dash, preferably under the lip on the very top. I'm fairly confident i can build some sort of sliding housing contraption to hold the tablet, and hopefully even be able to close the dash with it inside, but first i need to get it off! Has anyone else taken this piece off, and if so, how?

The part circled in red is what I'm trying to get off/open, i didnt have an interior pic of my jeep on me, so went to google

Thanks!
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/my-ipad-mini-head-unit-210062.html

·
Registered
992 Posts
Who wants to watch TV when camping:confused:

I bring my fishing pole & want to get away from the noise.
Even the radio stays off in the woods & I typically like it loud but isn't peace and quiet the general idea?

Anyway, perhaps build a small wood frame with a hook (C-channel) on the back that fits into the dash tray? You could screw it down under the tray insert so it would not be seen when you remove the pad & frame & put the tray back on?

·
Registered
346 Posts
What year model is your JK? Pro-Clip makes an interesting option. Couple it with this as an example, and you'd be set. It looks like it will block the stereo controls though, so depending on your intended use, it may or may not work.

I'm with Enjerhoo. I go camping and turn my phone off. I guess people "camp" for many different reasons, but mine is to escape from all the city-dweller trappings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts