Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just looked at the owners guide for the uConnect 430N dash unit, which has an LCD screen.

Since it's a generic book, it has details on features that aren't necessarily available on all configurations, but what caught my eye was references to "ParkView" camera displaying on the in-dash display.

While I know the ParkView camera was not offered as an option when I ordered my Wrangler, it does sound like a great idea.

So... Does anyone know if there is a way to connect the two? I saw threads here about mounting locations for backup cameras, and I've seen a bunch of backup systems, including some that mount on the licence plate frame, or inside the spare tire, but most of those involve adding a display on the windshield or inside the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Get a lockpick. There are threads about it in here I am sure. Unlocks all the features (even while in motion) and will allow multiple cameras if you want some in front or something for rock climbing. They are pricey though

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I see the LockPick does quite a bit more than just connecting a camera. It's odd that the radio head unit has a feature to add the ParkView camera, but they don't even offer the camera itself as an option.

I would think if you can get the OEM ParkView, a simple harness would be all you need if you don't need to do some of the other things like playing videos.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
You can add the factory ParkView from a Commander or Grand Cherokee, however it requires a dealer to activate it with their StarSacn tool. I looked into, but the camera and activation started approaching the prices I was able to get a Lockpick and backup camera off of eBay for. That way it didn't require a dealer visit, and it unlocked all the stuff on my Nav unit as well. I ended up at about $225 for the Lockpick V5 and camera.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The key is at least offering it at the time of purchase, so you can lump it into the original deal. That's when they can truly cash in. When you think of it, for the luxury of having everything in place at the factory, we don't think twice about a $1500 radio or $500 for a tow kit.

So, if the dealer said, integrated backup camera $400 more, they can say that'll be just $7 more per month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts