Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen mention of various Android radios that work with the Jeep, but haven't seen any mention of running Android apps. Do these radios allow the installation and running of regular Android apps? In particular, things like Google Maps, GAIA GPS app, etc?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Yes, they do.

I loaded the Google suite, Back Country Navigator, side loaded Maplets from the apk, torque, etc. on mine.

Reactions: jp4me

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Yes, an android head is essentially unit is no different than an android tablet. It simply ships with some unique apps to it (like the radio app for one) and some added hardware.
They are wifi enabled so you go to the google play store and download/install apps like you would on any android tablet or phone.

I have several different mapping and gps apps (google maps included) so you are not stuck with one if you don't like. Just download another gps app and try it out.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I've been running android HU's since 2016 and have lots of apps installed most noticeably

Nokia Nav app, Gaia GPS, Pandora, Youtube, Netflix, just lots of apps installed running great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do these installed gps/nav apps on an apple play radio allow for screen graphic navigation through the screen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts