Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with a vacuum leak that's sending my idle rpm skyrocketing. It's 1 little hose that I need to replace. Does anyone know the name of this hose and where I can get a replacement?

Pics:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DFBXYdrT7KXsdspeA

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you , I'll look it up

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
"Can you name this hose?"

Sure!..... James

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
^^^Discontinued, Both James and Mopar # 5300 6234

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you , I'll look it up

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Btw... I don't see any pic....
Gottago, He has an external link in post 1#, the kind you don't like. It's the CCV hose that comes out the side of the 2.5 valve cover into the intake manifold. Not being a 2.5 person I would think he could get a heater hose with appropriate bends and cut to fit if he can't find an alternate part # to replace it with.

·
Detail Oriented
3,172 Posts
I can see why that would pose a problem when searching for a replacement; I don't think that is the original hose, but some homemade replacement. I think the original is a simple 90º bend and has reinforcement mesh that you can see in the outer casing.

Not sure, though. It is good you got him the PN.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
If your YJ is a 1989 as your profile states I’m thinking the PO might of swapped your valve cover, the routing for the 1989 TBI looks much different than what you have presently.

This is what the 95 version looks like, it’s mostly comprised of a hard plastic tube surrounded by foam, at the ends it converts down to rubber 90 degree angles.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Gottago, He has an external link in post 1#, the kind you don't like. It's the CCV hose that comes out the side of the 2.5 valve cover into the intake manifold. Not being a 2.5 person I would think he could get a heater hose with appropriate bends and cut to fit if he can't find an alternate part # to replace it with.
I even tried to open it tho I usually wouldn't ... not clickable... tried to cut and paste, still no joy

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If your YJ is a 1989 as your profile states I’m thinking the PO might of swapped your valve cover, the routing for the 1989 TBI looks much different than what you have presently.

This is what the 95 version looks like, it’s mostly comprised of a hard plastic tube surrounded by foam, at the ends it converts down to rubber 90 degree angles.

Very correct, just had a newly rebuilt 2.5 installed by a iffy mechanic shop. ( Long story) so I very well expected them to Frankenstein parts and valve covers just to get the job done .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can see why that would pose a problem when searching for a replacement; I don't think that is the original hose, but some homemade replacement. I think the original is a simple 90º bend and has reinforcement mesh that you can see in the outer casing.

Not sure, though. It is good you got him the PN.
Correct, this is a the hose a previous mechanic used when installing my engine. 2.5l (don't ask)

Reactions: Holton345

·
Super Moderator
11,106 Posts
"Can you name this hose?"

Sure!..... James
I looked up James Hose in the Chaos City phone book. Couldn't find the number.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Gottagofast
1 - 16 of 16 Posts