Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying an '07 X, but I do want to be able to take the doors off. I'm a bit concerned because the Wikipedia page says this about the X-S: "The X-S model features 32-inch tires (on 17-inch wheels), air conditioning, fog lights, cruise control, driver’s seat height adjuster, removable doors, and a fold-down windshield." This implies that the X does not have removable doors.

2 questions:

1 - does the X have removable doors?
2 - is there an easy way to tell the difference between and X and and X-S? he particular model I'm looking at is sold as an X, but it does have A/C so I'm wondering if it's actually an X-S.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
As far as I know every wrangler has removable doors. I don't think they ever made one without removable doors

The "S" was probably a trim or option added to the "X" model that provided the 32", 17" wheel tire and some various luxuries. I'm almost positive it's pretty much the equivalent to the sport and sport S today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know every wrangler has removable doors. I don't think they ever made one without removable doors

The "S" was probably a trim or option added to the "X" model that provided the 32", 17" wheel tire and some various luxuries. I'm almost positive it's pretty much the equivalent to the sport and sport S today.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm just concerned because it explicitly says that the S added removable doors and fold down windscreen.

Ian

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks, I'm just concerned because it explicitly says that the S added removable doors and fold down windscreen.

Ian
No, all Wranglers have removable doors. It's an integral feature of the vehicle.

Keep in mind that Wiki is not gospel, the info is only as accurate as the person who wrote the page.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
You are fine. Unless they welded the doors on, you can be assured the are removable. Note: if the doors have never been off, they may be difficult to remove. Do not under any circumstances, use a jack to lift the doors , even though some have been successful using jacks, I have seen several "oops" posts that indicate damaged doors using a jack. Use the search function to find one of the many threads.

Joe

Ian

Reactions: Fungun

·
Registered
809 Posts
They are removable but can you remove them is an open question.
They can be a real pita and you may need to resort to a jack to get them off. Curse words help👍

Remove the nuts first😉

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
I certainly got my doors off. Took a while with plenty of PB Blaster, a floor jack, and a lot of swinging and pulling. Once you get them off make sure to clean and grease the hinge pins. And even better beat the old bushings out and go with delrin liners.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Definitely removable doors. As others have stated before, the X was renamed Sport in 2010 but for all intents and purposes, they are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts