Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as I go looking for a JL, I found one that has every option I want except the LED Group.

Can you retrofit the optional LEDs to a JL that came equipped with the halogen headlights?

Yay/Nay? If Yay, any idea how difficult it would be...?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can certainly upgrade to led headlights.

below is a link to the mopar lights which I think are oem. It also has an installation guide. The lights are plug and play but there is a certain amount of effort involved.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/led-headlamp-pair-jeep-wrangler-jl

There are also a lot more non oem led headlights on the market, at different prices (usually cheaper than the mopar)

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This became a moot point; found a JL with LEDs.

Thank you, though.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Good point.

<-- How's that?

Love the Bikini Blue BTW. That was my preference, but they are rare out there.
C'mon. You didn't fix your signature. I can't do this all day.:)

The Bikini is not common, that's for sure. I've only seen 3 others since I ordered in June, both Saharas.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
On my previous Jeep (2014 JKURX) I changed out all the lights to LED. It took me a while to figure out the interior lights but I got em including the license plate light. LEDs are just terrific. My new Jeep 202 JLUR has the LED option and I love it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put after market ones in on mine and they look great, only paid $100 for them. Then changed out the fogs for $100. Instead of buying mopar for $900 just for headlights.

·
Super Moderator
10,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m not too impressed with the stock halogens on my JL; they remind me of JK’s.

My Jeep has the Safety Group, so it came with LEDs in the rear. In looking for a good-quality set of LED headlights, I like how the Mopar LEDs look, especially the halos.

I don’t know that I’d pay $900 for the Mopars either. Found a new set online for $680. That’s within $100 of good quality aftermarket LEDs.

Should be getting them today or tomorrow. I’ll post how easy or difficult they were to swap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was actually pleasantly surprised by the stock halogens on my JL. Not as good as good LED’s, but good enough for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts