Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Canada. I'm not from Canada but my JKU is. I have a question about the block heater. Anybody know where it plugs in. I have all the wires just sitting up by my battery and intake but can't find where it actually goes into the block. I want to get rid of the mess up there by plugging it in and use it in the winter because it can get pretty cold in Utah. And I get closer parking at work next to the diesels that have to plug in. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
The 3 prong end plugs into any 110 outlet. The other ends are already plugged into the block heaters...
to check if they are working make sure the engine is cool, then plug in the cord, listen very closely, after a few seconds you should here the heater make a kind of hissing/gurgling sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the thing though. Mine is not plugged in to the block. I cant really see what freeze plug it goes into. anybody have pictures?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I have the FCA block heater option installed in my '16 JK. After reading your post I was curious to see where it was mounted so I took a peek at my setup.

I followed the 110V cord back towards the block. The heating element mounts in an area somewhere between the AC compressor and the Power steering pump. I say somewhere because for the life of me, I can't see the heater from above or below the vehicle. It's tucked in there real good :)

Note that this is for the 3.6 engine.. If you have the 3.8, it's most likely different.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah and I don't have A/C... I know right modern vehicles without A/C, how barbaric! I thought it might go in there somewhere. Thanks for looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts