Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so this is my first post and i do have to say i am a wrangler newbie. I just got this 2005 Canadian TJ about a week ago, Its an automatic with a 4.0. I wanted to upgrade the headlights and tailights so i got some cheaper halo leds for about $100 and some cheap led tailights as well. I got the tailights hooked up good and they are working excellently. I hooked up the halo headlights and I thought they were working great. The flashers worked where they flash an amber ring, the halos come on when I turn on the running lights (the first switch up from no lights) and the low beams come on and the halos go off when I turn the headlights on ( the next switch up on the controller). It all seemed to work great besides the flashers goin abnormally fast which i figured i could fix with some of those led modules that go inbetween the h4 hookups. So they seem to work good. Only problem is that when i start to drive and move about 3 feet the daytime running lights come on. This triggers the halos to shut off and the halos stop working as long as im driving, turning the switch controller wont do anything except make the low beams/high beams brighter or less bright and the halos wont come on or work again until i shut the jeep off. So i guess im trying to ask if anyone has had this same issue with a similar TJ and if anyone has a solution to the problem. I want my halos to stay on by choice by clicking my headlight switch up once(just like how it works before i start driving) and I want the amber halos to come on if my blinkers are on.

·
Registered
15,638 Posts
Only some export TJ like to Canada have the DRLs so not many around here have dealt with that or the aim level headlight adjusters

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I had a similar issue when I installed a headlight harness that directs power to the headlights straight from the battery. When the DRLs turn on, the relays would buzz like crazy, which was very annoying. I ended up removing the plug to the DRLs.
That's not the best solution, because I think DRLs are a good idea (and in some cases, the law). Unfortunately I don't have a good solution for you if you want/need to keep the DRLs. If you need help locating this plug, let me know and I'll dig up a photo.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had a similar issue but don't have halos. If I didn't turn on my lights they would buzz from the drl module. After much research I found out it's the orange wire in the module. Unplugging it turns off the chime for leaving lights on. I snipped the orange wire and problem solved.
Drl module is on firewall. Drive 5ft without turning on lights and you'll hear it buzz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts