Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm trying to decide which lift is best for my 2000 TJ. I'm currently running 33x12.5 BFG All-terrains on an unknown 3in lift. (PO installed and couldn't remember the brand... And that scares me) I want to stay at the 3in or maybe 3.5 so I've been looking at a few different lifts, the RE 3.5 standard coil lift, Rancho 3.5, and the Zone Offroad 3in. I was hoping to get some other opinions on which is the best quality. 4wheel parts told me RE is the best but I've heard from many others that the Rancho and Zone hold their own. If anyone has any experience with these lifts or brands I could really use some input on which direction to go. Thanks in advance everyone!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey everyone I'm trying to decide which lift is best for my 2000 TJ. I'm currently running 33x12.5 BFG All-terrains on an unknown 3in lift. (PO installed and couldn't remember the brand... And that scares me) I want to stay at the 3in or maybe 3.5 so I've been looking at a few different lifts, the RE 3.5 standard coil lift, Rancho 3.5, and the Zone Offroad 3in. I was hoping to get some other opinions on which is the best quality. 4wheel parts told me RE is the best but I've heard from many others that the Rancho and Zone hold their own. If anyone has any experience with these lifts or brands I could really use some input on which direction to go. Thanks in advance everyone!!
Best quality and the lifts you're looking at don't go hand in hand.

First thing you should state is you're budget for a 3" setup.

If this was my rig I would be looking at OME's lift in combination with a BL/MML to fit 33's while maintaining ride quality. But again, depends on your budget for the project.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just installed a zone 3 inch on my 2004 tj and I'm very happy with it. It rides and drives much better than it did stock. I installed it myself in about a day. It was the first lift I ever installed and it was easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OME kits are a little out of my price range right now. I don't do much wheeling as I like so I'm mostly on the highway driving to an from work. I just want to make sure I get something that handles good on and off road

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've got the RE 3.5 Superflex and run 33x12.5 tires and have been very happy with it. Had a local 4x4 shop install it though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
OME kits are a little out of my price range right now.
Wait 'til they're in your price range! Trust me, one "affordable", plus one "better" equals, "I could have saved money, if I'd been a little more patient." People generally don't like to hear this, so I expect the usual push back. :)

I had an OME on my Cherokee, and I was very satisfied with it. They certainly make a quality product. For my current build, I'm thinking Savvy/Currie/Fox, and yes it's out of my budget too! So I wait...

Good luck with the build.

David

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
OME kits are a little out of my price range right now. I don't do much wheeling as I like so I'm mostly on the highway driving to an from work. I just want to make sure I get something that handles good on and off road
Worth the wait.....uses factory spring rates an good light duty shocks.....being mostly a DD.....id have to say its worth waiting a bit longer till u can save up the few extra hundred it will cost you to get into the kit which is about 750 shipped online.

·
Registered
445 Posts
also check out BDS lifts. I own a 3" lift with bilsteins and I really like the ride and the quality, dont go cheap.

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
what dont you like about the current setup? is it a spring lift, body lift, spacer lift?

you may already have some serviceable parts and can invest in more needed areas instead of buying a kit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts