Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the life of me I can't choose between these two wheels. I like the pro comps on the left because I like how the white outline defines the wheel. I like the TM wheels on the right because they look a bit more sunken in because the spokes start at the outer lip, but I worry it might just be too much black and the wheel/tire will look too homogeneous. I'm going to throw some 33" Crosswind M/T (285/70r17) tires on them, so fairly aggressive tread. Both tires are 17", 4.75BS and -6mm offset; so same specs. What are yalls thoughts? I've got a silver JKU

wheels.jpg

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Not a big fan of the spoke wheels. Prolly my favorite right now is black rhino arsenals and their armory collection. Wheel decisions are based soley on your heritage and the neighborhood influences you have had growing up. Sort of like the type of beer or wine you like.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a big fan of the spoke wheels. Prolly my favorite right now is black rhino arsenals and their armory collection. Wheel decisions are based soley on your heritage and the neighborhood influences you have had growing up. Sort of like the type of beer or wine you like.

I found some black rhinos (spoked though) I like, but I didn't want to go with 18" wheels because of limited and costlier tires.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I like the all black. A machined lip reminds me of an old white wall tire, but it is totally your choice. There are obviously machined lip fans or they wouldn't make them.

Good luck with your decision.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
You guys don't know how lucky you are to even have a choice. The YJ guys don't get to choose because nobody makes a decent 15" wheel. All of it is crapolla.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does your jeep have black accents? All black will make them pop.

Silver paint, black accents...no true colors just white, blacks, grays, chrome (only on stock headlights prolly go black in future), amber lenses (prolly go clear or smoke in future) etc.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You guys don't know how lucky you are to even have a choice. The YJ guys don't get to choose because nobody makes a decent 15" wheel. All of it is crapolla.
Did they use a different bolt pattern on the YJ?

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Did they use a different bolt pattern on the YJ?
Its the 4.5 x 5 but the issue is that all the good looking wheels are manufactured in 17". Trying to put 17s on a delicate little YJ without serious expensive mods on a monumental scale is not a great idea. Sure there are adapters and spacers and such that could get you a 17 bolted on and down the road but its not going to end well.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Its the 4.5 x 5 but the issue is that all the good looking wheels are manufactured in 17". Trying to put 17s on a delicate little YJ without serious expensive mods on a monumental scale is not a great idea. Sure there are adapters and spacers and such that could get you a 17 bolted on and down the road but its not going to end well.
I agree completely - not a fan of spacers and adapters either.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Are you going to wheel with these? If so, it's safest to assume you'll get some rock rash on the rims. Hopefully you won't but, if you do, it might be nice to be able to repaint.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Use to like all black but now I feel it’s to much black. I have moved to black and graphite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
796 Posts
Im looking at the new Bronze/Dark Tint wheels that XD has come out. I cant post pics from work PC but the models are: XD133, XD829, and XD840.

Just picked up a Turtleback trailer so Im trying to get new tires and wheels matching.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts