Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been searching high and low online and even when ordering though LKQ they wouldn't send me this. can anyone tell me where i can acquire one?
i need the thick mounting part on the back of this light... not the main bracket attached to the light but the part behind that that It attaches too.
this is for a 2008 Wrangler UL JK

thanks in advice
UoN

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had to replace those on my TJ and had to order p the whole assembly. Doubt if you can just get the rear part.

·
Retired Moderator
100,466 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Need the whole light assembly. Sucks. I have an old pair of headlights and rings I’ve been trying to get rid of on eBay, but the rings aren’t as solid as new. Once you pull em they never snap back on as tight.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i felt like i might have to get the whole thing but does anyone know where i can get teh whole thing besides the dealer? its crazy expensive though the dealer...

·
Registered
222 Posts
It is not sold separately. if you have a good lamp or want to go LED then

buy the cheapest headlight assy you find. Rockauto is a good source
Use the rear support and recycle the rest

Done that several times when repairing some crash damages and upgrading to LEDs

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bought the set from Rockauto. Cheaper than dealer.
ok so looking on Rock Auto i still can't tell what might come with that part or not...

sorry guys i appreciate all the help but it seems i can never find anything that says it comes with the specific part. i don't mind returning the light i purchased and getting something with that part included i just need to figure who has the whole assembly.

is there a specific name for that part?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
From what I see in all the photos I see on line, the Mopar non-LED headlight assemblies (different for right and left) consist of 8 parts - 1 bucket (black plastic part immediately behind the headlight housing) different between right and left, 1 housing (H13), 1 bulb (H13), 1 bezel (different between right and left and 3 screws to attach the bezel to hold the housing in.

No picture I have found other than the one posted by OP, shows the rear attachment which attaches to the radiator support, yet the radiator support listing does not show that part either. However, I don't think that part is off a Jeep Wrangler.

I looked at this video:

In the video, the Quadratec tech is removing the stock headlamps and bucket from a JK prior to installing a pair of Mopar LED headlamps. At about the 1:30 mark he removes the left headlight from the bucket and then pulls the bucket off the studs on the radiator support. Note in the video, that the thick plastic part behind the bucket shown in OP's photo is not present. When the bucket is removed you are looking only at the radiator support.

One other thing I noted in OP's photo - that is an H4 headlight with the old three aiming tabs. Those tabs are not on the stock Jeep H13 headlight housing nor is there the fluting shown in the glass of the headlight in the photo. If I were to venture a guess, that headlight is an H4 connector sealed beam.

Bingo - the photo OP posted is for Mopar 55055032AF or 55055033AF which are TJ headlight assemblies. https://parts.jeepsareus.com/oem-parts/mopar-sealed-beam-55055032af

OP - this may help your search. Note it does not have the adjusting screws.
https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Replacement-Headlight-Bracket-2007-2018/dp/B074XFZTYQ

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had your same problem when I had my 06 TJ (probably the same part between the 2 models). I ended up buying 2 new complete setups from Rockauto. However, this part can probably be found at a wrecking yard if you pull it yourself. Good luck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
JW Speaker also sells a set made out of ABS plastic. Tried a set from Quadratec for like $20. However they didn’t line up quite right and I wasn’t happy with the retainer ring tabs getting mangled so I bit the bullet and bought OEM full assemblies just to get the ring.

Like stated above you can check pick and pull type places, but those rings are pretty much one use. Once they’ve been pulled, they’ll never snap in as tight as originally. Hence why I needed new ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts