Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can find the lift, in fact I have it on order from Amazon.

What I would like to do is attach the lift (at the ceiling) to some type of track system so when I back the JKUR into the garage and lift the hard top off, I can slide the hard top all the way back against my garage wall. Then when I want to put the hard top back on, slide it back out over my jeep.

Make sense?

I have found the common box rails used for barn doors but was hoping there might be something lower in profile.

Any pics of an install would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased my JKUR in early November and it has been in storage all winter, only 70 miles on it now. Warmer weather in Ohio is giving me the itch to get the hard top off and stretch it's legs.

Thanks for any and all help.

Lt Dan

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Clever idea. I can't find it, but I'm at work and can't do a lot of searching at the moment nor do I remember which forum it was on... someone had mentioned they created a similar sliding rack system like the one you described for their lift. I'm not one to shout "search" but definitely Google the heck out of it (try words like "sliding jeep hoist" etc) and I'm sure something will pop up.

Good luck!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I saw that as well. I believe he used something similar to pocket door hardware.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great Help, appreciate everything.

SEARCH, yea I have been searching. Had a little more luck this am.

Found a thread where someone used superstrut with a pulley, was much lower profile then anything I have seen to date.

I'll keep looking and thanks again.

Lt Dan

·
Registered
851 Posts
Found a thread where someone used superstrut with a pulley, was much lower profile then anything I have seen to date.
Yeah that is the one I saw. I think heavy duty pocket door hardware would work as well. I wanted to do that but unfortunately my pull down attic stairs are right between the two bays where I would have had to put the track.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Great Help, appreciate everything.

SEARCH, yea I have been searching. Had a little more luck this am.

I'll keep looking and thanks again.

Lt Dan
That's the one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts