Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..some jackass identity thief paid their electric and cell phone bills using my checking account..

Was going to get my new duratracs and cragar soft 8s installed tomorrow :(

Fack.

·
Registered
194 Posts
damn it!..what size tires and wheels did u get? I just paid for my BlackRocks..gotta wait on new tires...:D

·
Registered
871 Posts
well, if they used it to pay for their electric bills, they oughta be easy to find....

·
Banned
1,006 Posts
They should be able to be traced. If whatever entity (bank etc.) says they can't/won't do it raise hell with a manager or whatever until the problen is solved. Also try your local DA fraud unit.

·
Registered
871 Posts
your bank should cooperate. They should have a fraud investigative unit, assuming it's an FDIC insured bank. call the po po, tell them you want to press charges, and get them to issue a subpoena to the bank asking for the utility account info connected to the fraudulent payment. get your bank to push the issue if your local PD doesn't seem proactive. also getting the bank to do this will keep you a little more in the clear should the identity thief have your address, which I am guessing is the case. it might save you a late night problem in case they come looking for you if the cops arrest them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info folks. My local pd has already said they're not going to do anything, so I will push the bank to investigate. I should have my money back by the end of the week but I want to nail this bastard.

Any extra info/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Thanks for the info folks. My local pd has already said they're not going to do anything, so I will push the bank to investigate. I should have my money back by the end of the week but I want to nail this bastard.

Any extra info/advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Why won't they do anything? I'm sure there are ID theft statutes in your state. We prosecute the hell out of them. There has to be either a County or State agency that will take the case if your local agency won't.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts