Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently run 31x10.5x15 BFG A/T tires. The tires are pretty much spent. My jeep is ONLY used for wheeling. The only time it sees public roads are when its getting to our offroading places.

With that being said, I settled on Super Swamper TSL Radials. I placed an order with discounttire.com and they told me they were on backorder for 3 months. The pricing was unheard of - $177 a tire and only $50 shipping. I decided to wait the 3 months. I called them up yesterday to find out what the holdup still is and they tell me that they won't have these in for a YEAR!!!

I called around - same old song and dance - super swampers are apparently not being sold at the moment.

So, my budget really only was $800 (which worked perfectly since the total order was $750ish shipped).

My question is...since TSL radials are out - what is a comparable tire? Again - I'm mainly looking for aggressive offroading tires for climing rocks. I'm considering bumping the tires up to a 33", however, I'll need to add a 1" body lift. The body lift is going to cost me $100 off of ebay and about $100 for the install. Knocking my overall availability of money down $200.

Anyone have any recommendations? Anyone have any recommendations of cheap websites for the tires they are suggesting?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I ordered from treddepot.com. Real good on pricing. Ordered 285's from there for 880 with shipping for cooper stt.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
i like my procomp mts..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the cooper stt and/or the procomp mts better for offroading then the BFG K2's?

Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Are the cooper stt and/or the procomp mts better for offroading then the BFG K2's?

Any other suggestions?
I love my km2's. Everybody I wheel with uses Interco tires and I say mine do as good (if not better is some situations) than theirs. I have 33x10.50 and they are super soft and grip rock excellent. They are 3 ply sidewall.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pitbulls are awsome. Were are you located? I know of a few places here in SW Indiana that should have some swampers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pitbulls are awsome. Were are you located? I know of a few places here in SW Indiana that should have some swampers.
I live in NY. If you could find some swampers that would be AWESOME!!! Pitbulls seem to be ridiculously expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts