Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot find a replacement part for this little cheap plastic piece on my front door, driver's side. The quickest way to show you what part I am talking is to link you to an album I just uploaded:

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

There are several numbers on the back of it, but I cannot get any of them to show me anything via google and a few parts search engines online. I even tried just going to door and interior categories on some parts sites and just clicking next through 10,000 pages hoping to see this plastic piece. It is the piece that has the fake bolts on it and it simply clips into the door. Somehow the clips on mine decided they wanted to break for no good reason. This is a ridiculous part if you ask me.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Front Driver's Side Door

Any help to finding this piece would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps me a ton! I didn't know what to really call it. I have found lots of results now so thank you so much, Jeremy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, as it turns out, I cannot find a way to order JUST this one piece. Can anyone help out with that? All of the trim kits I am finding are for fancy colors and include several pieces and are very expensive for little pieces of plastic crap.

I just want the original OEM factory piece for my driver's side front door. I am still not sure how this thing's clips broke and fell off like it did. I am the only driver and I drive alone 99% of the time. I know for a fact this door has never been abused to slammed, etc. I think it just got cold and brittle which is crappy design. And now I am looking at gluing it all back into place and hacking it rather than being able to replace it the right way.

Such is life I guess.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Go to the dealer parts department and they will be able to find a listing for the exact part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, daggo66.

Do you have a best guess for how much they will try to rip me off for with this particular part? I am thinking about just gluing it back on and moving on with my life, but I really don't want to half ass it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Contact Benny at MOPAR Online Parts on this forum and he'll help you out.

It may now be possible to get just this piece without the rest of the kit but worth checking with Benny. If you have to purchase the kit, at least it will be significantly reduced.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do I find Benny ?

I think the scrapyard is an excellent idea! That is what I am going to do asap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts