Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Hard Rock in rhino and I am being told I can't get one in that color. My dealership in SoCal tried ordering it, and the computer doesn't even allow them to highlight the rhino option and proceed.

What gives, is this common? They wait mid-year then release other colors? Not sure what the strategy is there.

·
Registered
841 Posts
In Canada, I wasn't able to order a Hard Rock in Mojave Sand today, either. I ended up ordering a 75th Anniversay, with 3.73s, in Mojave Sand. It makes no sense at all, not even to the sales guys.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Are you able to build it the way you want on jeep.com?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
When you go to Jeep.com to build out a Hard Rock, Rhino is the the color that shows when you select that model in either 2 or 4 door.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
I've read sometimes they shut down colors for a bit then reopen it.

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
It may be that for most/all areas Rubicon scheduling is now full until next allocation date (3/11).

·
Registered
340 Posts
Supplier Shortages.

Production Schedules.

Line Constraints.

Non Logical Assembly Configurations.

Could be a multitude of reasons, or just 1 small computer edit check preventing your order.

Call the Toledo plant and find out what the deal is, this makes too much sense for the Dealer to do for a Customer.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
When you go to Jeep.com to build out a Hard Rock, Rhino is the the color that shows when you select that model in either 2 or 4 door.
One needs to remember, that Jeep.com keeps colors, models, options, in their "build yours" even though you can't place new orders for them anymore. That's because at the end of the "build yours", you can search dealer lots for matches too.

In other words, one might not be able to order a Hard Rock in Rhino anymore, but there might still be at least one sitting on some dealer's lot, and the website will point you to it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I could see Jeep constraining a color if there are too many orders for a particular color. My understanding is that each color has it's own paint line that then feed into the main production line. If there are too many of one color then the paint line backs up the and mainline is not getting enough painted bodies to keep it at full speed. I went in for Tank Green and ended up selecting Hydro Blue and I absolutely love it. I considered Rhino but that was not a choice at the time back in December.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wanted to order on via the website, but it no longer lets you as was stated, but I sure can select it online.

I won't find what I want on the lot. Want stick shift, no nav, and and all the small stuff.

I can wait until March 11, but what happens exactly, dealers get another stock?

If I call Toledo can I order it via the phone?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was trying to order a Tank WW and that was a no go and am about to order a Rhino WW as a second choice... I really hope they didn't cut the color!! Its making me nervous too!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I wanted to order on via the website, but it no longer lets you as was stated, but I sure can select it online.

I won't find what I want on the lot. Want stick shift, no nav, and and all the small stuff.

You have to order thru a dealer. You can't order from the factory via phone or online. The Jeep.com "build your own" tool lets you play with options and configurations, but it won't let you order a jeep. You would still need to go through a dealer to pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts

As far as I know you could never order online. You have to go through a dealer.

No you have to order through a dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Don't try email either its worth nothing. Not only could they not answer me they couldn't find anyone to talk to and kept repeating go to the dealership.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Its called an allocation. But essentially, Wranglers are rationed out to dealers, and they get their next batch on March 11.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The beauty of Jeep is the customization, that's what got me. And after envision my ideal Rubi, I'm told No. My local dealer can't get an answer from their boss, and they tell me the Chrystler rep is beng way ambiguous.

They say maybe mid-year, maybe never. Are special packages excluded from certain colors?

Think I should settle on Granite? That looks pretty good too, but I haven't seen it at a dealer.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts