Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought these on Amazon and they were fairly easy to install. Makes a BIG difference for my 68yo eyes. Have had no issues with blinding oncoming cars. I too have a 2015 jk 2dr.

BEAMTECH H13 LED Bulbs, 10000LM 60W 6500K Extremely Super Bright 9008 30mm Heatsink Base CSP Chips Conversion Kit,Xenon White Small Size Halogen Replacement

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all
So I'm getting a little older and I need more light at night (especially in the rain)! I tried these headlights on my 2015 2 Door JK, but they were way too bright (brighter than most highbeams) and I don't want to blind other drivers because I hate when they do it to me! But...the stock headlights are way too dim. Can anyone recommend a model of headlight that is more like what most people have on average? Thanks in advance!
I had the same issue with my eyes and night driving in my 2D JK. I swapped out my OEM bulbs and have been pleased with the result. The JK headlight bulb is H13/9008, and the best OEM-like filament bulb I found was the Philips Xtreme Vision: Buy the Philips X-tremeVision upgrade headlight bulb 9008XVB2 upgrade headlight bulb
They cost about $35 for a pack of two bulbs from either Amazon or Walmart.
I hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For $55, I'd look into these. They are plug and play.

I did these a couple of years ago and love them. MUCH better than the stock bulbs, without spending a ton on LEDs

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all
So I'm getting a little older and I need more light at night (especially in the rain)! I tried these headlights on my 2015 2 Door JK, but they were way too bright (brighter than most highbeams) and I don't want to blind other drivers because I hate when they do it to me! But...the stock headlights are way too dim. Can anyone recommend a model of headlight that is more like what most people have on average? Thanks in advance!
I use the driving lights, more and more on my GMC now that I am a senior. I don’t take the 98TJ on the highway much. I need to shop for not too bright driving lights.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi all
2013 JKU - In 2016 I bought & installed Truck-Lites (Truck-Lite 55005 7" Round Heated LED Headlight Kit with H13 to H4 Adaptors by Rigid Industries for 07-18 Jeep Wrangler JK - they were somewhat cheaper then.) Still have them, still perfect. Clear white light, razor sharp cutoff, good road side coverage. Now the deer get out of my way instead of laughing at me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all

That is the exact headlights I purchased several years ago, and have had no issues with them. They will need to be adjusted once installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
73 here and getting cataracts. I get star bursts in my eyes at night from oncoming traffic or lights.. I pull over and let the wife drive.
I do realize this is a headlamp thread and I do not mean to derail, but many of us are getting older and seeing especially at night is an issue we are all looking at ways to solve and I would like to share mine. I am now 74 and was having cataract problems a few years ago and put it off as long as I could. What a big mistake, but it slowly sneaks up on us. I had been putting my and my passengers life in danger for more than a few years for no reason other than being obstinate and denying something was very wrong. Yep finally having it done was inconvenient a few days, but my vision went from a dim hazy black and white world day and especially night to an amazing sharp full bright color world again even with my standard lights. No stars, no double images even looking at the sky at night and now seeing things in my peripheral vision I was missing even in the daytime, back to reading signs far away.

Why wait till you are too old or even worse, too crunched to enjoy being back to almost normal vision like you used to have? JMO

·
Premium Member
8,953 Posts
I cannot agree more with 801Driver. Having a routine eye exam is critical when you are older, and I'm talking about even before the gray hair comes in. My former ophthalmologist some 15 years ago diagnosed me with cataracts, but they were not a significant issue at the time. Then he retired on me and I didn't care for his replacement. I went for about 5 years without seeing anyone, and then three years ago went to one recommended by a good friend who is a retired heath care worker and knows the industry.

I had always been leery of anything around my eyes. As a former Naval Aviator, I was blessed with good vision through my youth and middle age, but began wearing glasses full time about 20 years ago. The thought of surgery on my eyes really bothered me. To make a long story short the surgery was a piece of cake and no pain or pain meds. Seems the eyes don't have pain nerves, it's the eye lid that transmits pain. The worst part was wearing the eye patch for several days and then about 24 hours to get the eyes back in sync. Then voila, better vision. To complete the process the other eye is done about a week later.

My doctor asked me before the surgery what had been my best vision before. I told him I had been a Naval Aviator, and as a former Flight Surgeon, he understood, commenting that he didn't know if he could get me back to 20/20, but they could get close. My vision now checks out at 20/30 as long as I have not strained my eyes, I am on the computer and reading without glasses and only need them later as my eyes get tired and the slight astigmatism kicks in and I go to weak reading glasses.

My friend told me it would change m life and it did. If you have a regular family Doctor and don't have an eye Doctor, ask your family Doctor who his family goes to. He can't recommend any Dr, but he can tell you who his family goes to. They know who the good ones in the area are.

If you have supplemenatal Medicare, then Medicare and supplemental will pay for 100% of the bill, and also some to the first pair of new glasses. I went from bifocals to weak reading glasses. I have one pair of prescription and and about 5 pairs of over the counter throughout the house to read the fine print. Magnifying glasses would work, but at $10 to $15 at the Big Box store the glasses are cheaper. The reason for the multiples is I only wear them to read something. Sometimes, I can even read fine print without them if the light is good. My vision got back to where it was 30+ years ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
While having the catacts taken care of I also had my astigmatism correction in my new lenses as well as corrected to 20/30.
I upgraded to DOT approved KC 7" Headlight - H4 Halogen - 2-Lights - 55W / 60W DOT Headlight - for 07-18 Jeep JK.
I would like to ask , how many of your gypo led's have sharp low beam cut off and are dot approved for on hiway use ?.
Some states still have annual/ biannual vehicle inspections and will fail for non DOT head/ tail / fog/ driving lights.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts