Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of Aug's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around today and heard a rattle coming from under my hood:eek:

anyways i lift the hood and see that my prop rod that keeps the hood up is just flopping around under the hood. It appears that when I gave someone a jump the other day I must have snapped the little catch that holds the rod onto the hood. It's been really cold lately and must have been brittle. actually I went to put some wiper fluid in my fiances Scion and broke the same part on her car too (I've just been breakin' $h!t all day!)

so does anyone know what that part is called? where I can buy it? how much it costs?

right now I have a piece of duct tape holding the rod in place in both the Jeep and the Scion.

I am sure that I'll probably get some harassment about wanting to buy a new part when duct tape is probably superior, but I don't want to be messing around with tape every time I need to look under the hood.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it may just be one of those generic things that they have used for years and never bothered updating it in their system because its a $5 part.

·
Registered
135 Posts
just take the prop rod out and when you need to look under your hood you can lay your hood on the windshield.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
just take the prop rod out and when you need to look under your hood you can lay your hood on the windshield.
Yup, that's what I do! :punk:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.