Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say hello and looking forward to hanging out here often. Currently I don't own a Jeep but may by the end of the day, who knows? I have been snooping around for some time.

Years ago I bought the last black Laredo CJ 7 in western Canada. Really enjoyed that little rig. Time has flown by and I keep looking at Jeep Wranglers and have decided to add one to my stable. I have four cars plus a car for my wife at home and a couple more at our winter home. These are all cars, except my wife's SUV. Three of my cars are sports cars and one is a sedan, so I have options and toys. I just think it it time to have another Jeep and a fun vehicle to own.

While I doubt it will see off-road duty, I know many of you will be shaking your heads, I do look forward to having a little all terrain vehicle for any time of year driving.

Thinking of a Sahara, perhaps one of the packages currently available, still struggling between two and four doors. I have no kids at home anymore. I do have grandkid duty once in a while. Going with an auto as if I use it as a computer vehicle I have a one hour journey each way. Yesterday I spent a few hours in a 4 door Black Mountain. While it doesn't do anything on the road really exceptional it is still a treat to drive. I doubt I will mod it, not my thing to do with vehicles but who knows.

My dilemma comes down to color and number of doors and do I order one or grab one off the lot. The local dealer has a black one which I drove, only has 1200 km's on it but has a ding just below drivers door, a couple scratches that may or may not buff out. I am way too peticular when it comes to black cars and this is usually my color of choice. I drive the local Porsche dealer nuts as I insist I watch the detailer prep my new cars.

Colours are subjective but my mind wonders to, in order, black, rhino (although I haven't seen it in person), red, billet, white. Am I missing any? Curious as to the thoughts of the collective group based on this information.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I love having the space of my 4 door, and they typically ride a little better than the 2 doors. Mine is black and it is a pain in my ass, i have given up trying to keep it clean and scratch free (although i dont really care much in the first place). The rhino is a great color i think.

Welcome, and good luck, I am sure you will find the perfect Jeep!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome and good luck. Rhino is a very nice color. It came down to Rhino and Silver for me. The Silver had better options so that's what i went with (plus it works well with the factory Sahara wheels, thus curbing my desire to swap right away).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I made a decision and made a deal. I went with a black Smoky Mountain Unlimited. I had the chance to go Rhino and went with Black, now sitting wondering if I did the right thing. Likely had I went with the Rhino I would be having the same debate in my mind. Picking it up tomorrow, will be fun!

·
Premium Member
8,468 Posts
When you don't really need to trade or acquire a new vehicle, there is always a question in your mind. I have another thread where I went into the local dealer yesterday morning for a routine service on my 2003 TJ Rubicon. I saw on the lot a limited edition Chief 4Dr in the Chief (blue) color. My local dealer only got 2, one in Chief and one in Gobi (tan). If I did not act, by the first of the week they would be gone. There will not be a similar edition next year.

The exterior color and trim is a throwback to the '70s Cherokee Chief model in that it had a white roof and a wide strip the length of the vehicle. I saw one frequently in the early '80s as a manager at the plant where I was Controller drove one. In blue with a white top and stripe, it was striking.

So, I went back down that afternoon with a perfectly good, well functioning 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara in Anvil (slightly lighter than Rhino) and with only 19,000 miles and drove home in the Chief.

My late sister once described a Jeep (CJ/Wrangler) as a red necks sports car, and after thinking about it for a bit had to agree with her. The draw is very similar in that they are fun vehicles, even the 4DR. If the Chief serves me as well as the Sahara did, I will definitely be happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts