Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new to me 2009 Wrangler. Today the car alarm went crazy. We listened to the end of a song with the car turned off. When we opened the door, the alam went off. Pushing the unlock button on the fob and turning the ignition to on did not stop the alarm. It stopped after 3 minutes. Then when we went to exit the jeep, it went off again. After 3 minutes, it finally let us get out without sounding the alarm. After about 10 minutes, we got in and drove for about 20 minutes. We got out without delay this time, and the alarm went off again. It did not stop for 3 minutes. After driving it for over an hour, I have not had the problem again. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
07-09 JK's had issues that developed with the Wireless Control Modules AKA: SKREEM (Sentry Key Remote Entry Module). Your WCM might now have to be replaced if it continues to happen. If it's no longer a problem then it could have been a glitch that corrected itself.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you set the alarm with the key fob, you must disarm with the key fob also. There is some other fine print I read somewhere (I am sure someone here will know more than me) that says something about opening the door after 'auto lock' has taken place, the vehicle thinks it is getting broken into. in your case, you would have to insert the key in the ignition to cancel the alarm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense. It happened again this afternoon. I hit the panic button and it stopped the alarm. If it continues, hopefully that will also continue to work. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts