Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to do some electrical work on my '95 YJ S so I disconnected the battery. The moment I reconnected it the dash and blinkers started blinking and a red light right below the tachometer started blinking 5 times then off for a few seconds and then blinking 5 times again. I have only 2 keys with no fob, the ignition and trunk key says Axxess+ on one side and 19R2 on the other (I suspect this one is not the og key), and the other is the door key that doesn't say anything on it. Is there any way of turning off the alarm nondestrutctively?

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Find the alarm unit for the manufacturer name , and contact them. There is no factory alarm system for yj's, anything else will be maker specific for instructions to disable, turn off.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The alarm system is specifically designed so that people who do not have the remote are not able to shut it off.

You need to just remove the alarm

·
Super Moderator
12,723 Posts
Welcome to the Forum CausBelliEUIV,

What electrical work did you do? Could what you did affect your alarm?
I'd look for the alarm module and disconnect it. You may need an electric schematic to reconnect the wires that the alarm installer cut and attached the alarm wires to.
Most alarms are connected to a wire that's critical to the starting and running of the vehicle. The installer will cut that wire and connect the alarm between the cut ends. Then power to make the vehicle run has to go through the alarm. There's usually a relay within the alarm module that is activated with the fob. Without the fob, the relay won't close and the vehicle won't start or run.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can still turn on and drive the car around. And I just added a cigarette ligh6er/usb charging port via a fuse tap to the "Acc" fuse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts