Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my zone 4.25" combo lift put on, and I took it to a shop, the day after (today) the cars battery is dead? But my off road lights turn on, I think somewhere there is a connection issue but why would the shop touch the battery for a suspension lift? Need help! Ha stuck in a parking lot that I just drive to

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But all of my electronics are dead, my lights arent coming on... What the hell did this shop do

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ignition does nothing? If Everything's dead check battery cables they may look like their on correctly but might be loose.
You have a meter?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You said your lights were working then you said nothing was working.
Need to post exactly what it does. Key in half turn_ full turn_

But full no power sounds like battery connection, Don't know if lifting would effect the ground connection or not.
I got to go, Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice, my interior lights are not working, I got nothing when sticking the key in half or full, and my headlights won't come on, I think it's a connection I just don't know where

·
Registered
581 Posts
This happened to me not too long ago. Check your battery connection at the terminals and make sure they are VERY tight. In my case, the lights worked for a bit then shut off and had no power to anything.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Check around your alternator. When I installed my MML, I had the move the alt so I could get to the motor mount. They might have messed up the connection.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I suggest, keep your lights in the on position then go to the battery terminals and wiggle them side to side and see if your lights come on. If they do, then you have to tighten them.

·
Registered
15,628 Posts
While checking the battery cables also check the ground side and body ground

Do you aftermarket lights have separate grounds or just ground to the body or are they attached to the frame ground via bumper

My first guess is a bad dirty or loose battery to body ground

·
Registered
146 Posts
Super simple, but it happened to me, make sure your battery terminals are tight on there. They might have disconnected the battery when installing the lift for safety reasons.

Also it's a Jeep not a car!!!!!!

Also a good lesson to learn and why I don't go to mechanics unless I HAVE to, but I have a pretty good feeling that mechanics will break stuff on purpose just so you have to come back to get it fixed again. i.e When I got my rear axles shafts swapped out, i had to go back 4 months later for a torn up rear differential. I may just be paranoid, but that seams a little too coincidental to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts