Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need advice on a convertible car seat that will fit rear facing in a JKU. We have one convertible car seat in my wife's car, but it will not fit in the Jeep rear facing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Need advice on a convertible car seat that will fit rear facing in a JKU. We have one convertible car seat in my wife's car, but it will not fit in the Jeep rear facing.
Just put a Britax Marathon car seat in mine last week. I put it in the middle and it fits perfect. Had it on the passenger side first but the front seat was too far forward. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Recaro Performance RIDE convertible in the middle backseat of mine. Fits just about perfect. I'm 5' 10" and could move the seat back a bit if needed. Honestly, I was shocked it fit since its a big seat. Looks like it was made to go there.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ok, your in luck. I'm actually a certified car seat technician for Illinois. I have installed car seats in wranglers. it is a tight fit but can be done. Depending on the car seat. I would suggest trying in the middle or the passenger side. You may have to upright the front passenger seat. But I find that the peg perego viaggio 65 convertible is the best fit. It smaller in profile but holds a lot of kid. One thing you may have to do with it is use a rolled up towel to bring it to the right level/recline position. Wranglers do not allow rear tethering. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Ok, your in luck. I'm actually a certified car seat technician for Illinois. I have installed car seats in wranglers. it is a tight fit but can be done. Depending on the car seat. I would suggest trying in the middle or the passenger side. You may have to upright the front passenger seat. But I find that the peg perego viaggio 65 convertible is the best fit. It smaller in profile but holds a lot of kid. One thing you may have to do with it is use a rolled up towel to bring it to the right level/recline position. Wranglers do not allow rear tethering. Hope this helps.
Cut down pool noodles work good as well

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2020 JT Mojave Sting Gray
272 Posts
I've got a Graco MyRide that fits well. Its not very wide, which is nice, but it does have a good amount of depth to it. My 2.5 year old son love to kick the back of my seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.