Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you parents out there... Any suggestions on what car seat will fit in the back of a TJ? I also need to fit a front passenger too. Also, where do you put the stroller? In the back seat next to the kid?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Great question!! My little one will be here any day and I have put one of the car seats that we have in there and it is terrible!! The passenger seat has to be almost straight up and scooted where no one over 4'5 could ride in it. I am hoping it's just that seat and the other one we have will be better but any suggestions would be great!! Thanks

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Just strap the little buggers to the roll bar.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
we have this travel system,

but i am yet to test fit it in the jeep (due in august). it has a base that stays in the vehicle and the carrier snaps in and out of the the base and the stroller. folded up, i know the stroller part won't fit behind the seat, and it's too wide to sit next to the carrier in the back seat. i don't forsee ever needing to have the stroller in the jeep...we'll take the other car for anything other than me just picking up from daycare, which we won't need the stroller for. honestly though, if i had to carry the stroller around on a regular basis, i would just take out the passenger seat. with the carrier behind it, it would be so far forward no one could sit in it anyway. i'd just use a couple straps to secure the stroller down to the floor board.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
A friend has two of these in the back of his Sport:

Link

They are a bit pricey, but seem to be a really good fit.

He also added a Rock Hard bolt in cross bar ($109) and the angle bars ($134) for added safety:

·
Registered
541 Posts
I use the Graco safe seat. I don't carry the stroller. I have too much stuff behind the back seat. When I take her to the baby sitters in the AM. I put her in the front seat facing forward with the AIRBAG TURNED OFF. I can barely fit in the back seat myself. When my wife wants to ride too I put the kid in the back. I don't use the base in my Jeep but we use it in her Tahoe.

·
Kalashnikitty
5,584 Posts
When our daughter was born, we had a carseat like the one TXST8tj has. It's a lot easier to load and unload.
I had a YJ then, no airbags, and I could put our daughter in the front passenger seat. Skeeter was driving long haul at the time so it was just the baby and I most of the time. I couldn't reach to put her in the back seat when we were all going somewhere together. Then, either I road in the back seat or Skeeter folded down the carry handle and put the baby in through the back. (By the time our son came along, Skeeter had taken over my jeep and I was driving a pathfinder.)

We didn't pack a stroller in the YJ. I had one of those baby back-packs. It was made so you could wear it on your chest when the baby is brand new and then wear it on your back once the baby gets a little older. That worked really well!

To sum-up, unless you have a 4-door, wranglers aren't as easy for dealing with babyseats as other vehicles, especially if your wife is on the short side, like I am. It can be done, you just have to try different things and figure out what works best for you.

Good luck, guys.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the (Graco comfort sport?) in my 03 TJ. It's a forward facing carseat since my son is 18months old. I have it in the center of the rear seat with no problems. I have a cheep umbrella stroller that I use when I have to take him somewhere. If you have an infant seat with a base try putting it in the center. My 03 has 2 latches on each side of the seat to secure the carseat too. Just secure the base to the latches on the inside of each side of the seat. This works for a forward facing carseat and would probably free up some space for the passenger for an infant seat. I'm not sure, but maybe it'll work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I happen to have two children,one is not in a car seat and the other is,he is two.I havn't had a problem with the car seat fitting,but it is not an infant seat.As far as the stroller,no need for one,it seems that it should fit behind the rear seat just fine though.
My wife drives a Ford Expedition,which we will ride in if we need more room. I guess with a new baby it isn't real easy fitting them into the jeep though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts