Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem with my 2012 JK sport. I added 10A 2 door shocks and springs, 10A wheels and KM2 tires. ATS fox steering stabilizer. The car drives smooth on smooth road and some pot holes, however when on rough road with little bumps my jeep shakes and vibrates the whole car. I don't think it is called death wobble like those videos I see on Youtube. It just shakes when I hit bumps on rough road. I did lower the tires pressure to 30psi, but still did the same. I thought of because maybe did not torque the track bar correctly when installed ATS fox SS, but I have re-torqued it again to 125psi when installed the Synergy bracket and 9/16 bolt. Should I replace the stock track bar to JKS adjustable one because when I measured it, one side is off by 1/4 of an inch. Also, thinking of re-balance the tires. Any helps would be appreciated.

·
Registered
483 Posts
What you're experiencing is the joy of owning a solid axle vehicle.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yes, it's normal. And it'll be even worse than normal now that you've added stiffer shocks.

If your offroading, you could try airing down further, 30psi is still pretty high. 15-20psi would make it slightly better.

If all you're doing is commuting over rough roads however, it makes little sense to run that low tire pressure all the time. You're going to have to find a softer suspension to help it.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Problem with my 2012 JK sport. I added 10A 2 door shocks and springs, 10A wheels and KM2 tires. ATS fox steering stabilizer. The car drives smooth on smooth road and some pot holes, however when on rough road with little bumps my jeep shakes and vibrates the whole car. I don't think it is called death wobble like those videos I see on Youtube. It just shakes when I hit bumps on rough road. I did lower the tires pressure to 30psi, but still did the same. I thought of because maybe did not torque the track bar correctly when installed ATS fox SS, but I have re-torqued it again to 125psi when installed the Synergy bracket and 9/16 bolt. Should I replace the stock track bar to JKS adjustable one because when I measured it, one side is off by 1/4 of an inch. Also, thinking of re-balance the tires. Any helps would be appreciated.
There is the problem. You thought you bought a car when you actually bought a Jeep.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Stiff springs, stiff shocks, big tires, body on frame construction, convertible body, lots of unsprung weight, ie heavy solid axles with diffs in the center of them. I'm surprised they ride as good as they do........

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Yes, at first, but I changed it out with synergy relocation bracket and used the 9/16 bolt instead.
:thumb: good move

How much lift did you net? People can say it's normal.. But to a point. I wouldn't think a stock 10a coils and shock would rattle your filings.

Did you go through and loosen all control arm and track bar bolts? Even with a small lift, the bushings can be binding. This can cause some odd handling.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Were the 10a shocks and coils from a 2dr or a 4dr. To be honest I don't even know if a 4dr ones are beefier or the same. I would think they are a little bit beefier to handle the extra weight. just a thought.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Nevermind..... I guess I didn't read the OP's post very carefully. He said they are from a 2dr

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:thumb: good move

How much lift did you net? People can say it's normal.. But to a point. I wouldn't think a stock 10a coils and shock would rattle your filings.

Did you go through and loosen all control arm and track bar bolts? Even with a small lift, the bushings can be binding. This can cause some odd handling.
Maybe an 1" lift. Yes, I did loosen them when installed shocks/springs and ATS SS, but re-torqued them at the right spec. It's weird that it only happens some roads, not an issue when hitting the speed bump. Hope I will get used to it, if not I will swap out the track bar to JKS to see. Or go with 2.5" AEV lift.

·
Registered
448 Posts
My 2014 JKURX does the same exact thing. I have the stiffest springs 19/60 so based on what I have read it is normal. Rock Krawler Springs with Bilsteins are going in soon, so will see if there any difference, although I do not expect a much softer ride (possibly stiffer with Bilsteins) :)

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Odd, the biggest change to the way my front axle handled potholes. Changing the bushings to JJ's This was just something i wanted to do along with the truss.... totally unexpected. The axle Is 10x more solid over uneven road and hitting bigger bumps. I was able to adjust my Rancho 9000's to 5, before 3 compensating for the axle reacting to the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I found the problem guys. My steering wheel was off to the right a little due to removing the track bar so I re-centered it and tightened the bolts tight. It drives so much better now, I hit some pot holes and it did not shake like it was before. Haven't drove much, but so far so good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Washboard roads

Look out for washboard roads.
Pain in the heiny….

I've heard they know why roads turn to washboard but I don't believe any I've heard yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts