Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be a dumb question...but can you take a soft top through an automated carwash or will it tear it up?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok...thank you. its just a pain to get the salt off under the bottom...i never wanted to chance it though.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Just hit the undercarriage with the wand at the diy bay.....

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
you can run the Jeep through a no touch car wash on the fly.
if you plan on washing it DIY is always best
The additives they use can damage the windows, even in the touchless washes....

·
Registered
386 Posts
really? I thought the only problem was the brushes and the giant mops and spinners scratching /tearing into the windows, not the additives.

I suppose that's logical. good lookin'!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
The wax stuff they add to it can yellow/cloud the windows....

·
Registered
386 Posts
ah no dice! I'll have to remember that.
hopefully not too much longer. Me wants a new TJ with a hard top for these Chicago winters

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha i thought it would be the spinners too haha glad i asked...thanks guys(and gals):D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm my opinion you are fine to take your jeep through the wash. I have worked at a carwash for years now and wash tons of wranglers with soft tops as well as my own.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've taken mine through the touchless wash several times. The windows did have a good bit of smokiness to 'em, but I'm not sure it was from the wash. They were old, and had been on and off many times. The fabric and bow system held up fine, but i've since replaced the factory top. Haven't had the guts to try on the new top. haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
place a garden sprinkler for a while it works real good at rinsing out all kinds of stuff
this works for those that don't like to crawl under their rig

·
Registered
262 Posts
Well my tires got stuck in the track at a car wash place... Lets just say I hand wash it now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts