Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a carb at my local snatch and grab...er, pick n pull. It says its a 1.08 venturi size but no other discernible markings. Its in an older model Ford Ranger 2.8. Last year of carburetion, far as I can tell. What are the chances its the 2100 or 2150?

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
I'd say pretty good it's a 2150, just looked up what carb came on the 2.8 and the last year it was used was 85, says 2150

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
85 sounds about right. And those MC carbs are popular. This pick and pull has literally thousands of vehicles and a couple hundred ford trucks and suvs and this was the only one that had a carb. Going back this weekend and look again.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Well I'd at least rebuild it since it's from a junkyard.. you might have to rejet it since it's being used in a different application

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will definitely be rebuilt. Just need to find out what size jets I need and then as I rebuild it, I can check the jet size

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just did some research and from what I can gather, I need size 48 jets since I am at sea level. Only 50 miles from the beach.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not sure. havent purchased it yet. Shooting for Saturday. Then I am gonna consider the nutter bypass I have heard so much about, after a bit more research, of course.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an old motorcraft carb thats shot its wad. May be able to reuse the jets from it. They are good if the right size. If not, they are cheap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts