Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2002 GMC Jimmy with a 4.3 and Automatic transmission. Just to be used as a parts truck.

My Wrangler is a 2.5 with a standard. A friend of mine owns everything I need to bypass the throttle body and make it a carb build for the 4.3.

I do know this would make it an easier build, bypassing the computer and save time on wiring. But is it worth keeping the fuel injection, and dealing with it?

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I own a 2002 GMC Jimmy with a 4.3 and Automatic transmission. Just to be used as a parts truck.

My Wrangler is a 2.5 with a standard. A friend of mine owns everything I need to bypass the throttle body and make it a carb build for the 4.3.

I do know this would make it an easier build, bypassing the computer and save time on wiring. But is it worth keeping the fuel injection, and dealing with it?
if you'd like to take a huge step backwards and make your Jeep worthless, I'm sure you can make the carb crap work.

·
Knows a couple things...
48,977 Posts
I grew up having to mess with, rebuild, and tweaking/synchronizing carburetors and I'd never willingly go back to one. Carburetors have no benefit unless you have masochistic tendencies... stay with the FI system.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,243 Posts
I don't see any benefits to that mod at all

Just my 2-cents worth..

·
Registered
14,203 Posts
A OEM throttle body is much more desirable than an aftermarket or retro fit carb

Only place I prefer carb is classic to maintain originality and off road bikes that are kick start and don't need no stinking battery like my xr400 glad no efi or battery or radiators

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Me. I prefer carbs but I doubt I'd ever change from EFI to a carb or carb to EFI. The 4.3 swap is pretty common in Wranglers. The electronic components to make it all work must be out there.

For a few wires the easy build has to be with EFI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts