Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have been looking for some sort of a cargo net top for my yj with the sport roll bars but haven't been able to find anything. Does anyone have any info or know anywhere that sells a good one?

·
Registered
243 Posts
The best ones I've seen are home made. If you have the time you should try and make your own. It's much cheaper and you can get the design you want. That's what I did. Good luck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
all the ones ive seen available are for family roll bars NONE for sport. I bought one off a friend and used the frame for the soft top. it looks good and fits tight!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'm with 88redyj, I have never seen one for the sportbars only the family style roll bar.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I am curious what those even look like with a sport bar, I got the family bar with a cargo net for my dog but I can't even picture how that works with the sport bad besides what the previous poster said about using the soft top bar!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well if anybody has actually seen a sport bar style cargo net top please post up a link to it. I would like to see it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've been looking all over for one myself, but not seen a single one for sport bar. I just went down to harbor freight and got a cheap-o truck bed cargo net for $10. Does it look good? No, but does it keep my camping gear from flying out the back of my jeep with the top off? Yep.

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
I am curious what those even look like with a sport bar, I got the family bar with a cargo net for my dog but I can't even picture how that works with the sport bad besides what the previous poster said about using the soft top bar!
Mijeeper, can you post a picture of your cargo net? I'm in the process of changing a sport bar over to a family bar so the dogs will have enough room. Hate doing it, I really liked the way the sport bar looked. But the dogs aren't having it...

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Hmm that was over 2 years ago but I may still have a pic. " I sold the cargo net with the rusted out jeep" lol
Although I loved the look of the cargo net I think it was more of a pita than anything, my pit bull is not a jeeper like my black lab so the black lab is normally my only companion so 1 leash on each rear roll bar with him in the back seat works very well. Could also keep your sport bars that way!!!!!

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
Could also keep your sport bars that way!!!!!
Yeah, bummer for the sport bar. With 2 dogs a cargo net is my only option. Found a bunch of nets from dirty dog, etc. but 1) they are way too expensive and 2) they are for Jeeps 92' and up. I'm probably going to end up having to make one myself. Thanks for digging up the pic!

·
Registered
33,456 Posts
Yeah, bummer for the sport bar. With 2 dogs a cargo net is my only option. Found a bunch of nets from dirty dog, etc. but 1) they are way too expensive and 2) they are for Jeeps 92' and up. I'm probably going to end up having to make one myself. Thanks for digging up the pic!
I'm not sure if they make them for a YJ or not, but I'm running the Smittybilt HD 2 cargo nets on my TJ. They fit under my frame less top or hard top.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Could also keep your sport bars that way!!!!!
I think you would have an easier time just getting a family bar and bolting it down, as far as I have ever heard "haven't done it myself" it is simply a bolt in project. By a cargo net and enjoy!! May save some headaches and keep your dogs happy this summer!! GL!!!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I'm not sure if they make them for a YJ or not, but I'm running the Smittybilt HD 2 cargo nets on my TJ. They fit under my frame less top or hard top.

yea I think they do but his problem is that his roll bar comes straight down on a sharp angle, not like the tj's or later model yj's

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
yea I think they do but his problem is that his roll bar comes straight down on a sharp angle, not like the tj's or later model yj's
Actually mijeeper, I changed the roll bars over the holiday. Moved the family bar from my 89 over to my 88 so I'm good to go now. Just need to find a net that will fit the 88 family bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Oh well shit, 90 bux for a smittybuilt on eBay, quadratec also has them. If you got a family bar on it it don't matter what year. All you need to have is a soft top rail around the tub.

·
Jeep Newbie
639 Posts
Oh well shit, 90 bux for a smittybuilt on eBay, quadratec also has them. If you got a family bar on it it don't matter what year. All you need to have is a soft top rail around the tub.
Yep, I took the soft top (and rails) off the 89 as well, along with the sound bar and sliders.

Smittybuilt has an relatively new model called the C-REX "2 HD", has good reviews so far. Sells for $175.00 but Amazon has some used (package was opened) for $148. Read the reviews and seems it's a lot better quality than the older Smittybuilt nets. And $148.00 seems a whole lot better than Dirty Dog's $450!

EDIT: Bought it! I'll post a review/pics when it gets here. Not expected until next week sometime.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts