Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really starting to hate the factory floor mounted sub now in my JKU. A lot of the cargo slides and drawer systems do not account for the floor mounted sub. They have fitment for the side mounted sub but not the floor mounted which I have.

Anyone here have a solution to the slides and drawers? The only thing I can think of is making a raised platform of some sort and then mounting the cargo slide or drawer system to that. But how secure would it be?

Edited to add: I just ran across CargoGlide's Jeep TrailSlide. From the video and pictures, it might have a gap between the tray and sub to allow for function. Hmmmmm

·
Registered
587 Posts
First, I have neither factory sub. That being said, it IS the internet so I can say what I want .
I think you could pretty easily use a few washers or spacers and longer bolts to gain the height you need to account for your floor mounted subwoofer. Stability will not be a problem.
I assume you are talking about the rear floor mounted sub and a slider that will mount on the 6 tie down locations.
Hope it helps.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Saw another homemade one that had the whole plywood floor sitting on pieces of 2x4 that were acting as risers, he used the space to store larger items like foldable tables but it would also let sound out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I built a floor and cubby system similar to goose gear. I had to take my rear sub out when I built the cubbies. My original plan was to get a kicker hideaway to put under the front passenger seat but never got around to it.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
I am getting ready to get a fridge for the Jeep and looking at mounting options as well. My plan was to put build a raised plywood floor similar to what Hard Rocker posted. Had not thought about leaving room underneath for a table so will definitely consider doing that.

But I too have the rear floor mounted sub. Since base isn't as directional, how bad is it to block the sub?

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Here's one utube video of one guys homemade raised system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXWjDUnotJQ
This is what I did, but we have a 14 with the sub on the side. You will have to figure out a way to anchor the front end of the platform as it tilts up with the slide extended. I drilled holes in the front of my Tuffy enclosure and used hanger bolts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So did you go for the Cargoglide CG4XJK100 TrailSlide? I am seriously considering purchasing one for my build. A sub does not really need much space, just a little room to breathe and I don't want to relocate for space considerations. Since the Trailside deck is 3.5 inches up as long as the unit clears the floor sub it should be good to go (just kinda pricey). However, its 4" high so I plan to put a deck on top and put a 3.5"drawer inside the 4"cabinet which will perfectly fit a cook partner stove height wise and make a great kitchen I think.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I built a raised platform for my fridge. I did it for 2 reasons, one to get it up off the in-floor sub-woofer and two to have some way to mount my fridge slide w/o poking holes in my floor. The wood platform is screwed down where the tie-downs had been. I store an extension cord under the platform that I use to plug in the fridge overnight if I am at a campground with power.

Attachments

·
Registered
382 Posts
This a great thread to keep alive....I just got a Dometic CFX40 w/cover and I'm looking for sliding options. The "dedicated market products" are ALL crazy expensive. I'm looking at rack audio systems which might work well for sliding fridges, since it's only sliding back and forth a few inches at a time.
The "raised platform" question has been haunting me too, as I have the floor sub. I Believe if you make a few holes right above it, the sound issue itself is resolved. Getting everything secured properly is another story. Interesting set ups.

I'm dreaming up the fridge slide (and a stove drawer directly below it) on the driver's side, and 2 drawers on the passenger side, leaving a few inches free all the way to the right to store a 5gl water can with a spigot. Not the kind of project you want to re-start 3 or 4 times.....

Anybody else with ideas, links, pics or anything?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Well, I'm gonna start to move on this. Spent a fair amount of time mocking up a template for the base plate. I'd b awesome to just get a GooseGear set up, but its $595 + serious lead time. Im going for 1/2" Baltic Birch piece and I'll texture it black. I'm thinking $50-60 ....and a shit load of "experience" 🙄over the next few weekends. Here are some pics to start me off....

Attachments

·
Grumpy Old Guy
2,850 Posts
I don't see the huge need to elevate over the sub. HOw much "sound" emanates from it really, versus rolling vibration? I ahve a 1/2" thick horse stall matt over mine and ahve for 3 years. Sub sounds terrific when Dre, Black Keys, Lunix or Miles Davis are blasting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts