Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 2 door Sport. After getting caught topless in a heavy downpour, I lifted the carpet to dry underneath. It all got tucked back in, apparently correctly, but now whenever I pull the passenger “easy entry” seat all the way forward, the front carpet gets pushed up and out at the console and dash. I’ve looked but can’t see what’s pushing the carpet around. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
167 Posts
My carpet always pops up in this area, whether I move the seat or not. Apparently carpet popping is a common issue. I've thought about attaching some adhesive Velcro to the bottom of the carpet and to the pan, however it will look weird if you ever want to run around with the carpet out.

·
Registered
524 Posts
My first 2014 did not do that at all. My second 2014 did. I never found a solution.

If I remember correctly, it seemed to be snagging somewhere near the front of the slide rail. I think because the carpet bulged out in the area of the front mount. And once it folds forward the bulge never goes away.

Maybe you can heat the carpet with a heat gun and then weight it down with a heavy blanket to re-contour it in that area making sure it hugs the tubs as much close as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts