Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I know this was somewhat covered before but I wanted to see if anyone else had something to say about it. I am about to order some quadratec rubber floor liners and i wanted to remove all of the carpet out of the front seat area. I've heard that this will make it hotter and noisier, however, that does not really bother me. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this and if you have pictures that would be great. I just want to do this so that I can keep my doors off when it might rain and not have to worry about taking the carpet out to dry.

Much appreciated,

Tyler

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
You should herculine your tub and then use the floor liners.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You should herculine your tub and then use the floor liners.
Thats exactly what i'm getting ready to do. In the summer I have my doors off most of the time and whenever it rains all that water just sits underneath my carpet unless I take it out and vacuum the floor. I'm getting ready to paint over the entire floor interior with herculine and then lay down the floor liner mats on top of it. That way not only do i no longer have to worry about watter sitting in the tub, but it is also protected from rust and very durable.

Even if you did still use carpets, it would be wise to paint something like por 15 or even herculine before putting the carpet on.

·
Marine Jeeper
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I plan on herculining my tub eventually, I just want to make sure it will be fine for the time being with just the rubber floor mats.

·
The Bad Guy
23,233 Posts
I plan on herculining my tub eventually, I just want to make sure it will be fine for the time being with just the rubber floor mats.
Yes. When water gets in just pull the drain plugs.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
U-pol Raptor liner is fantastic... and no carpet is no louder or hotter than with carpet... JK's freakin' blaze anyway.....

·
Registered
249 Posts
I thought this was a good idea until the paint started rubbing off. Then I put my carpets back in. Best to herculine it.

·
account closed
417 Posts
I pulled out everything and used MMM undercoating and than two coats of Martin Senior black stone guard. I put down cheap plastic floor mats where feet commonly are to keep down the wear and tear and only put the plugs that you can see daylight from back in. Slightly louder because I dont have the back seat in and with the soft top most heat escapes anyway. In the JK its roasting hot but turn that heat off in these cold temps and its cold very quick. No more worries about rain, just keep it of your radio and steering column.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts