Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me info on cost and difficulty to replace a 2010 JK 2 dr carpet? My daughter had a German Sheppard in it for a couple of years and its a reck with hair. I loaned her my GMC for two week and and it took me 3 hours to clean the dog hair. It sticks in the carpet weave and vacuuming only gets some of it out. I am trying to see what the cost difference is between replacing the carpet of a maybe $400 detail (if it even works). Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
You can get BedRug #cbrjk072 to replace everything for under $400. Also, you can get the kit in just the front or front/rear if you don't want to do it all. It will be a better product that the factory carpet and is less than a $400 detail (which seems high). It is very easy to do, just might take a little time.

Reactions: shekmark

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info. Fast! Yes, $400 would be very high. It is usually around $200 by me, but this thing is a mess.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
If I were going to get a Bed* product for animals, I’d get Tred, not Rug.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts
With people ripping their carpet out all the time, I would think you should be able to get a full "like new" set for 50 bucks. Check the classifieds and post a wanted carpet thread.

Also, automotive carpet is generally always Olefin which is bomb proof. Pull it out and take it to a car wash and go to town.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Bedtred works well. I switched to it for different reasons though. The perpetually wet carpets from all the door leaks. I'd love to do the rear of the JKU too to cut down on the pet hair. The back of the rear seats are still far too good at retaining hair in though.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bedtred here. Golden Retriever that sheds a puppy worth of hair a week. Pulled carpet and replaced with bedtred. Only thing I can see that would be better is have the whole thing sprayed.
Shortly after putting my Bedtred in, a local shop ran a spray special for less than the cost of my Bedtred.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
As I've noted previously, I had such high expectations for the BedTred but was disappointed in the fit for the cost paid. I went back to OEM carpet and this time around the carpet actually fits better and stays in place as opposed to the factory installation.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Golden retriever here and vacuuming was a pain. I did find grabbing a bowl of water, dipping my fingers in it and scraping the fur up made it incredibly easy and fast. It basically clumps it together and allows you to get rid of it. Try that while shopping around, it might save your frustration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts