Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience purchasing/installing replacement carpet? Where did you purchase?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Try auto custom carpet or jc Whitney. Out of curiosity why are you replacing carpet. Why not just leave carpet out or bedline it. I pulled out my carpet and pulled the plugs out. Threw in some rubber floor mats to cover holes.

·
Registered
'97 TJ, 4L engine
85 Posts
One of the first things I did to my brand-new TJ was pull out all the carpet and the drain plugs then add rubber mats exactly as free78 did. The plugs stay on the floor board in case I need to pop them back in. My TJ has leaked since day one and I couldn't live with wet carpet, plus I saved it in case I ever want to put it back in for some reason. Also, with the drain plugs out the water that leaks in just drains out. Another plus is it's a lot easier to keep the metal floor clean than carpet any day.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I saw this cool floor covering that is molded like the jeep carpet, but tough like bed liner and water proof. I'm going that way for a bit more heat and sound protection, with the same ruggedness of a read bedliner. I forget what its called, but I have the flier in my sema folder.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I saw this cool floor covering that is molded like the jeep carpet, but tough like bed liner and water proof. I'm going that way for a bit more heat and sound protection, with the same ruggedness of a read bedliner. I forget what its called, but I have the flier in my sema folder.
This is made by Bedrug.. I have bedrug in the back of my truck and love it.. its marine grade carpet so it wont mildew. it is also held in with velcro, so easy out, easy in. I believe the cost of the front carpet is less than $170.

Dana

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea, I'm going with bedrug after the first of the year (Christmas money), wont hold water or get mildew...they have a carpet looking stuff and a bedliner looking stuff.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just did the BedRug front and rear on my TJ. The PO put a carpet set in a few months ago, but butchered it during install... The BedRug went in pretty easily and looks better than the carpet that was there.

4WP had the best price a few weeks ago when I got mine...

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
yup its bedrug bedtred version. They said they have a LJ kit in development, but no release date. I'll get the front kit for now. From the sample I got, its super tough stuff.

·
Registered
354 Posts
yup its bedrug bedtred version. They said they have a LJ kit in development, but no release date. I'll get the front kit for now. From the sample I got, its super tough stuff.
Hmm. Maybe we'll save our carpet for last and hope they've released the LJ one by then! Thanks for mentioning it's being developed. =)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I removed the carpet and threw it away. I have rubber mats in the foot wells in the front and back. I also bought a 3/8ths inch thick rubber horse stall mat and cut it to fit the back of the LJ. I have also removed the back seat. If I do decide to get carpet it will be the bedrug carpet and having it up front only is good for me since I have the back covered already. The price I saw on the front was $169, I believe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts