Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the correct Spicer part number for carrier shims on a 2017 JUL withTrack Lock and 3.73 gears. These are for the rear axle, DANA 44 Super. I am looking for outer shims, not the kind pressed under the bearings.

The two part numbers I'm looking at are: 701149X, and 2007294.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Do you know the exact thickness you need or do you require a shim kit. Jeep dealerships may have the kit in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The only shims on a Dana 44 carrier are between the bearing and the carrier. There are no "outer" shims.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
The only shims on a Dana 44 carrier are between the bearing and the carrier. There are no "outer" shims.

On the JK D30 and both D44 Rubi and Non-Rubi the shins are outside the bearings right from the factory.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
On the JK D30 and both D44 Rubi and Non-Rubi the shins are outside the bearings right from the factory.

They weren't when I did the gears on my JK.

Same for the D44s in my wagoneer.

Same for the 30 and 44 in my XJ.

The only time I've seen shims on the outside is an XJ Dana 35.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
They weren't when I did the gears on my JK.

Same for the D44s in my wagoneer.

Same for the 30 and 44 in my XJ.

The only time I've seen shims on the outside is an XJ Dana 35.

I’ve done 10+ sets of JK D30 and D44 gears from 07 to 2015 all the shims from factory have been outside the bearings. That’s fact, they fall on the floor when you pull the carriers out if you don’t catch them. I even made set up bearing 6 years back specifically for this purpose thinking I would need them and have never used them.
But you are correct for ALL the older D44, D35 and D30 they do have the shims behind the bearing. Just not the JKs.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I did the JK 6 years ago. It was my first axle and I had help. I do remember having to make setup bearings. Maybe it was just for the pinion. I've slept since then so my memory may be faulty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts