Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm ticked to learn that none of the under seat lockable storage makers (Besttop, Tuffy, ect) will work with a 2012 and up ('11 i think too) due to the fold and tumble seats! :doh:

Besides adding spacers to raise the height of the seat, just seems less stable, what ideas do you guys have for locking up a concealed weapon thats within easy reach of the driver?? Pics?

·
Registered
249 Posts
sahara13 said:
So I'm ticked to learn that none of the under seat lockable storage makers (Besttop, Tuffy, ect) will work with a 2012 and up ('11 i think too) due to the fold and tumble seats! :doh:

Besides adding spacers to raise the height of the seat, just seems less stable, what ideas do you guys have for locking up a concealed weapon thats within easy reach of the driver?? Pics?
That's where I keep mine. Just regular hard holster. Fits tight. I can't get it out now lol.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have seen the ones that go under front seat. They bolt to the seat and have a lock on it. They should work I would think.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, none of the manufactures say the underseat lockable storage boxes will work, tuffy, bestop, ect.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I use a GunVault NV 200. Lockable and uses a cable. Will fit under either seat of my 2 door. Not as convenient as a drawer, but simple install. Amazon for $23.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not a bad idea! I have a larger one in the house. Do you have any issues with it slidding around?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
There is a steel, lockable glove box available. Not exactly hidden but it would do the trick.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I use a GunVault NV 200. Lockable and uses a cable. Will fit under either seat of my 2 door. Not as convenient as a drawer, but simple install. Amazon for $23.
this is what i do....^^ or in back pocket of drivers seat

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well most of the time u won't need to use it but when u do need it u have to unlock a box or fumble around to get it. I'd rather have it handy and easy to get too. When u need it, u will need every second. :) but a box is good to keep others from getting it but me and wife are only ppl who drive it so we both pack so it works for us.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got two little ones so if its not on me (or in front of me) I need it locked up. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts