Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to carry two 10 foot kayaks on a two door JK? Thinking I could put the top down, turn them upside down and lay them across the windshield header and roll bar, with some padding. Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Last summer I did that with one two seater I used a pool noodle cut lengthwise as a pad on the windshield and some rope. Survived a 45 min trip to the beach several times. But I'm a 4 door but if you balance it out I don't think you will ha e a problem

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I've done 1 canoe on a 2 door plenty of times with no issues. I don't supposed 2 yaks would be much harder as long as you strap them down good

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I tied a 2x4 to the back of the roll cage by where it drops down to extend the separation of the 2 supports making it more stable

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool. Sounds like it's doable. I was planning on tying the bow and stern to the front and rear bumpers and, perhaps, securing them with rope around the middle of the kayaks and around the roll bar. The pool noodle is a good idea for the padding. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts