Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the factory settings for the fuel mixture screws on the carb? my jeep is starving for fuel at idle. Can't seem to find them in my manual

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
not sure about yours but a good starting point for most carbs is 1 1/2 turns out.attaching a vacuum gauge to the bottom of the carb and adjusting to highest vacuum should fine tune it..that is assuming that the carb is not clogged up and you have no vacuum leak

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a gauge but I tuned it until it would run good. I have to keep my truck running at 1200 rpm's so when I shift into drive it won't stall. Is that okay or not okay?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's what I thought. but once I shift it into gear it idles fine at around 8 or 9 I checked for vacuum leaks but found non. the idle won't turn down.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
should be able to idle it lower if the spring is strong enough and the cable is not tight..if the bottom butterfly is cracked open then you won't be able to adjust your idle mixture screws properly

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the butterflies are closed shut it wont go lower then 1200. and I also noticed a yellow wire with a bullet connector coming out the coil. what does it go to?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
the butterflies are closed shut it wont go lower then 1200. and I also noticed a yellow wire with a bullet connector coming out the coil. what does it go to?
you must have a vacuum leak somewhere....the thing hanging off the coil is probably just a condenser that they use to use to try to dimish radio interference..it's not needed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts