Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Well, where do I begin? I guess I'll start at the beginning! Prior to jeep ownership, I've owned one car (a honda civic that lasted me many years) my entire driving life. In 2012 or so I started formulating plans to get my hands on a jeep. Fast forward to March 2014 and after tons of research and various delays, I am finally sitting in the dealership placing my custom order for a 2014 Granite Crystal Unlimited Rubicon. Took delivery May 1st, 2014 and dove in head first to the jeep world from there (zero previous mod or offroad experience).

This thread serves to help me remember everything I've done to the jeep so I can look back and continue to add to it as mods come along (long overdue as I'm a year late). It will not be nearly as impressive or vast in scope as most of the builds on here so I apologize in advance if it's not up to par, but it's mostly for my recollection; if anyone gets any ideas or inspiration from it then that is a bonus. Jeep is built for general off-road function (mud, beach, snow, trail, minor rocks) while keeping on road manners as much as possible. Looks too.

So let's get started. Day 1. Bone Stock. 4.10 gears, body colored hardtop, automatic trans.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
first weekend, went straight to work on some minor mods i had waiting on the jeep's arrival.

- sill guards
- grab handles
- antenna x
- fuel door
- cheap stick on mirrors on a/c vents

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had to address the lacking factory audio next, but didn't want to spend a ton. Opted to go with the "PRS" system per the forum gurus recommendations. Really dropped the ball on picture taking, but you can read about it here on the forums if interested (links below). Cheap way to make a bigtime difference in the overall sound quality of the Jeep's audio.

1.)http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/speaker-upgrade-infinity-6032si-904409.html
2.)http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/subwoofer-mod-replacement-921921.html
3.)http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/stock-tweeter-mod-cheap-662985.html

- Infinity 6032si soundbar speaker replacements
- Upgraded capacitors on stock tweeters (amazing difference)
- Subwoofer tub insulation and Subwoofer replaced with:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
next issue, stock carrier seemed completely unsafe to carry around the extra weight, only drove it that way for a day before i decided to pull the spare off and order the Teraflex HD carrier and mounting kit. Got it installed and so far so good, seems like a quality product.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
The blackout made a huge difference in appearance! Looks great! I plan on reading the forums about the poly speaker mods, but I have a question for you. How difficult on a scale 1-10 would you rate the speaker mod? I'm somewhat comfortable with working with cabling and wires (like a 3 out of 5) and can generally figure things out. Just wanted to get some input on that mod. Thanks for the help in advance!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The blackout made a huge difference in appearance! Looks great! I plan on reading the forums about the poly speaker mods, but I have a question for you. How difficult on a scale 1-10 would you rate the speaker mod? I'm somewhat comfortable with working with cabling and wires (like a 3 out of 5) and can generally figure things out. Just wanted to get some input on that mod. Thanks for the help in advance!
which speaker mod are you referring to? all 3 are relatively straight forward, you should be fine doing them. just read through the linked threads and you'll be good to go.

1.) soundbar speaker replacements are plug and play, just have to fit the adapter bracket to the roll bar.

2.) subwoofer replacement was the easiest of the 3 to me, plug n play and fits perfectly (you do have to strip the wire connections for the terminal)

3.) the tweeter capacitor upgrade was the most daunting to me only because i have no soldering experience. i honestly felt like i did a pretty bad job on the solder, but popped them back in and worked like a charm! watch a youtube vid on soldering if you haven't done it before and read the thread about the best cap to use for replacement.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Coming along very nicely! Even the smallest of mods is fun and exiting huh? Excited to see how it keeps progressing, beautiful jeep man

1 - 20 of 83 Posts